1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Bald headed Easter egger?? Pictures

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by asthrngal89, Apr 14, 2016.

1. asthrngal89

asthrngal89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2014
    Kelly, NC
    Has anyone ever had an Easter eggers just go bald on their head? Last year she was beautiful this spring... She looks like a buzzard?? I've checked for mites...none... What could be causing this ?? No injuries to her head from pecking either.. Is she just gonna be an ugly girl? [​IMG][/IMG]

2. asthrngal89

Dec 12, 2014
    Kelly, NC
    [​IMG]

3. WiChickenFarm

WiChickenFarm Out Of The Brooder

Dec 29, 2013
    Green Bay / Appleton, WI
    Do you have a rooster? We have a few hens that will get similar bald spots if they are one of the rooster's favorites.

4. asthrngal89

Dec 12, 2014
    Kelly, NC
    No roosters all girls ..I do have a silkie roo that runs about in the yard freely but he's never with them in their tractor

5. asthrngal89

Dec 12, 2014
    Kelly, NC
    Maybe one of my "girls" is a rooster and I don't know it? They all look like hens and have never heard a crow...or maybe I've got a bully hen..but she doesn't seem to have any injuries on her poor bald head

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by