Bald, Tailless Rooster

TipsyDucklings

Chirping
May 21, 2017
My Rooster has gone bald (he looks very similar to a monk) and has absolutely no tail, just a pink nub. They have a walk in/out chicken coop and a fenced in area to roam. He has about 16 hens and is the only Rooster in the flock. Could the hens be the ones pecking out his feathers? What can I do to help his feathers grow back?

I've never seen the hens mess with him, and he was like this when I got him. I just don't understand why his feathers won't grow back.

How long has he been missing feathers? he might be molting. In that case you don't have to be concerned. They molt every year at around the same time.

That might be it then.
Here's some pictures of his head and tail(or lack thereof) if that helps at all.

Attachments

• IMG_0655.JPG
    IMG_0655.JPG
    545 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0656.JPG
    IMG_0656.JPG
    565.3 KB · Views: 11
That might be it then.
Here's some pictures of his head and tail(or lack thereof) if that helps at all.
Hmmm...no, that doesn't look like a genetic issue. I appreciate the photos. None of my birds have ever had anything like that before. Check on here with @speckledhen . She's super nice, and if she doesn't know what is ailing your rooster, she can probably put you in touch with someone who does.

Back
Top Bottom