Bandette Sizes

Huny

Songster
11 Years
Nov 14, 2008
Sunny Southern Arizona
I am so confused. I have to enter 4-H entries by today, they have to have band numbers, but they don't want the bands put on before we get to the show (WHAT???) So I had to buy a bunch of bands and went off their size list. I bought plastic bandettes size 7's 9's and 11's. They said 7s were for bantams, 9 for large breeds like Polish, and 11's for Australorps. These 7's look a little small though for my Columbian Rock Bantams and Rhode Island Red Bantams. I really don't want to go chase down these free rangers today (I have to have these entries in a few hours) and measure. Anyone have any experience with sizes on these bantams?

I can't give you those specifics, but if you look at teh order form for bandettes from jsut about any supplier they list sizes by breeds. I know that silkies need a size 9.

If you're not supposed to put them on before the show, what do they do when someone has used permanent (seamless) legbands? Or already has them banded for record keeping? Sounds crazy to me to require that they be put on AT the show.

Quote:
I think it had to do with safety, they had some chickens getting legs caught and one lost a leg from circulation or something. I say if you have a properly fitting band it doesn't matter, your not going to have them get hurt. We've been using bands for how long now? I just put down the numbers of the bands I have and if I go to put them on and they don't fit, I'll buy another set of numbers the next size up and match the numbers. Thank goodness they didn't want color too
smile.png
Try matching that up later. All I know is there are a LOT more 4-H regulations than there ever has been when I was in it, and I think it's more Cochise county than 4-H.

Back
Top Bottom