Bantam alert!

The best I can come up with considering she's from TSC is that perhaps she's a Pyncheon Bantam lacking a crest. Not sure how common this is... Potentially could be a Spangled Old English Game Bantam with very washed out coloring as well
Possibly. Although, do you think she could be what I'm going with? (Mille- fleur serama or something Malaysian related.) Examples:
Screenshot_2022-04-26-20-15-23-417~2.jpg

6030672_orig.jpg

Screenshot_2022-04-26-20-13-00-178.jpg
Snapchat-1853482086.jpg

I'm 75% sure its what her sister/ hatch mate was ( A wheaten serama ), which leaves me to consider she is as well as they came from the same place, same time.

Her body type doesn't look like a Serema (note the wing and tail carriage). She also has the wrong skin color. Seremas should have yellow legs. I do not believe she is a Serema
Didn't even pay attention to the legs until you pointed that out, that is true, and i suppose she doesn't. Although, what about that coloring specifically?
here's pictures with her tail up to be more clear.
IMG_20220426_203022.jpg
IMG_20220426_203112.jpg

Note: She's the only full-on bantam I have, I only have mixed bantams (With standard sizes ) And they are much bigger. So, I'm not familiar with bantam breeds pretty much at all, I only recognize a few breeds. So if I have something wrong completely, do let me know. ( Only purebred I knew that I once had, was a Black-tailed white japanese bantam )

She's beautiful!

Wanted to stop by and mention her legs. Looks likes he might have scaly leg mites, and those toe nails are really long! That could be because of the mites, but I'm not sure. I think it would be a good idea to clip those, and definitely treat the mites.

Do an epsom salt soak and stuff off all the dead scales/bumps. Then lather her legs in Vaseline, or a similar product.

She's beautiful!

Wanted to stop by and mention her legs. Looks likes he might have scaly leg mites, and those toe nails are really long! That could be because of the mites, but I'm not sure. I think it would be a good idea to clip those, and definitely treat the mites.

Do an epsom salt soak and stuff off all the dead scales/bumps. Then lather her legs in Vaseline, or a similar product.
I've tried treating that, they used to be a lot worse, but have never completely healed. I've been looking out for tips on treating her. (She had this when I rescued her, my own have never had this before. Only one that I've had to have had this. )

Is she a Serama? I haven't seen any speckled/mottled ones like her of that breed, so I wasn't sure if that were the right breed for her. I haven't had her since she hatched and I was only told she came tsc, so what bantams do they usually have? As she must be one of those.
I think she is an Old English Game Bantam, in the Mille Fleur color.
I've seen them listed at Ideal Poultry, and I have heard that some TSC stores get chicks from Ideal.

She is probably not a Serama, because hatcheries typically do not sell Seramas. The chicks are so small they do not ship well (and hatcheries only make money from chicks that arrive alive.)

Is she a Serama? I haven't seen any speckled/mottled ones like her of that breed, so I wasn't sure if that were the right breed for her. I haven't had her since she hatched and I was only told she came tsc, so what bantams do they usually have? As she must be one of those. Here she is:
View attachment 3076413
(She was in rough condition when I got her, she's what I'd consider a rescue. She's come a long way over the 2 years I've had her. )
Idk what she is but she’s pretty

Back
Top Bottom