Bantam Ameraucana

Pics
I originally fell in love with the self blue, but I think I’ll keep the blue wheaten going. So so beautiful. I do have a bantam dying right now, I don’t know what happened :( I should cull her but this one is hard!
Aww, I'm sorry for your hardships with this one and culling. I do it my self and in the moment I'm ok but after I have to take a few to get my barrings again.

Bantams have been delightful for me so far. They’re easier to handle and delightful. Will you be going for brown reds or another color?
Seriously its going to be what I can find from a breeder I can trust. Also if I can find them. Its so hard to find brown reds in either size. If I can't find them I'll be going with silvers and blues or silvers and self blues(lavender). Might be going with Gypsyhen but its changed hands.

Aww, I'm sorry for your hardships with this one and culling. I do it my self and in the moment I'm ok but after I have to take a few to get my barrings again.
I think I have a mystery illness in my coop. I can’t figure it out. I use the broom stick method to cull, it’s so much easier. I always get sick to my stomach doing this no matter what the method because I love these birds so much. I haven’t culled her yet because I am holding on to hope. But as I watch her I know she’s in pain. I’m the same way when it comes time to butcher my cows too, I cry like a baby! But then I’m over it. Hardest park of owning livestock.

Seriously its going to be what I can find from a breeder I can trust. Also if I can find them. Its so hard to find brown reds in either size. If I can't find them I'll be going with silvers and blues or silvers and self blues(lavender). Might be going with Gypsyhen but its changed hands.
I was just looking at brown reds the other day, they are so beautiful! I thought I had a brown red but she was an ee haha oh well. Jessica who now owns gypsy hen is probably the nicest person ever. She is so personable and awesome. I think she is going to do a really great job with gypsy hen now. She has added a lot of new breeds as well.

I was just looking at brown reds the other day, they are so beautiful! I thought I had a brown red but she was an ee haha oh well. Jessica who now owns gypsy hen is probably the nicest person ever. She is so personable and awesome. I think she is going to do a really great job with gypsy hen now. She has added a lot of new breeds as well.
That's reassuring thank you!

I agrée with @Chey1214 that gypsyhen is pretty awesome.
@NagemTX If you were really wanting a color she doesn’t have though, you should check out the breeder directory from ameraucana alliance if you haven’t already. The ameraucana breeders club has one too. It’s a pretty good tool for finding breeders of specific varieties in states near you.

I agrée with @Chey1214 that gypsyhen is pretty awesome.
@NagemTX If you were really wanting a color she doesn’t have though, you should check out the breeder directory from ameraucana alliance if you haven’t already. The ameraucana breeders club has one too. It’s a pretty good tool for finding breeders of specific varieties in states near you.
I have and was thinking of becoming a member of both clubs. Even through them there are not many breeding the brown reds.

Back
Top Bottom