Bantam Australorp?

nicolelo34

Chirping
May 29, 2020
I have this a Bantam rooster that I’ve thought was a black australorp. But the white is throwing me off. Can anyone help me figure out what he is?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 126F3341-084C-484D-8F11-A230CB56C242.jpeg
    126F3341-084C-484D-8F11-A230CB56C242.jpeg
    345.7 KB · Views: 29
I have this a Bantam rooster that I’ve thought was a black australorp. But the white is throwing me off. Can anyone help me figure out what he is?

Thanks!
Hi there, hope you are enjoying BYC! :frow

You are correct, the white lobes mean he is indeed NOT an Australorp. Where did he come from?

My top guesses are black Dutch bantam..
https://www.strombergschickens.com/product/black-dutch-bantam-chicks

or not so much but second guess is white faced black Spanish bantam..
https://www.strombergschickens.com/product/white-faced-black-spanish-bantam-chicks

:pop

Thanks!
Wait, are you sure it’s male? I see no saddles to go with that comb. But, if you are sure, it is some sort of hen feathered breed.

Wait, are you sure it’s male? I see no saddles to go with that comb. But, if you are sure, it is some sort of hen feathered breed.
That's fantastic thinking.. if not comparing with the gals behind him in the first photo.

I don't think it's a hen feathered breed, as far as I can tell.. just not old enough to be sporting gender specific saddle feathers yet. Looks like they're starting to come in though. :)

That's fantastic thinking.. if not comparing with the gals behind him in the first photo.

I don't think it's a hen feathered breed, as far as I can tell.. just not old enough to be sporting gender specific saddle feathers yet. Looks like they're starting to come in though. :)
I see those now.:p But yes, I did look at those hens behind him and was confused, because he was a clear roo compared to them, lol.

Back
Top Bottom