Bantam breed help please

We received a flock of bantams from a guy who was downsizing (mostly reducing breeds). He said the feather legged hens lay green eggs, and we have indeed gathered some blue/green tinted bantam eggs although I can't confirm which hen(s). This roo has feathered legs, waddles, and a single comb.
Old English game bantam mix
This is a clean legged hen with muffs.
This roo is clean legged with muffs (I'm sorry the picture is through a cage; it's all I have right now)
Clean legged roo with muffs
Easter egger bantams
Clean legged hen (sorry for poor quality pic).
Easter egger bantam x sebright
Feather footed roo with waddles and single comb (looks to be damaged from frost bite? ). We were told it was a white cochin bantam.
This is a hen. She was pinned with two males which is why her head is bald I believe.
Feather legged roo. We were told it was a blue cochin bantam.
Cochin bantams

Clean legged hen. We were told it was a blue old English game bantam.
Clean legged roo. We were told it was a blue old English game bantam.
Blue OEGBs
Clean legged hen
Cochin bantam x sebright
Feather legged (reportedly a green egg layer). Including a picture of eggs collected with white egg in middle.
Cochin mix
This hen has feathered feet. The feathered footed hens lay green eggs we were told. There is a picture of eggs we collected with a white one in the middle. Her tail is pointing downward with a hump on her rump. I brought her inside and gave some baked egg shell which she happily pecked at. I also reached through her legs from behind and ran my fingers from breast bone to tail several times. I couldn't feel any abnormalities and she didn't not show signs of distress. She is eating, drinking, and walking around fine. Could this be how she is? I'm not sure of age or if she has laid an egg. I've never had an egg bound hen so I have no hands on experience with the matter.
Cochin mix. She may be partially rumpless, causing the downward tail.
Feather legged roo
Sebright mix

Blue OEGBs

Cochin bantam x sebright

Cochin mix

Cochin mix. She may be partially rumpless, causing the downward tail.

Sebright mix

Thanks for your help! Easter egger bantams would explain the colorful eggs. That old english game bantam rooster is a mean sucker. He beat up the white cochin bantam petty good. He is in solitary confinement now. I don't think I'm cut out for the game breeds 😬

They are less likely to. Might be hard to keep them from either hearing or seeing the hens but if you can do either one that would help too. Also the more space and/or hiding places, the better. Bachelor pads are becoming more common. There’s a lot of threads and YouTube videos on them. They also talk about introducing new roosters (need to keep them in a smaller coop or pen where the other roosters can see them but not hurt them while they are quarantined there for I think a few weeks) also on what to do for breeding such as artificial insemination or taking out a rooster but returning him I think it was the same day or if you keep him out longer then restart the quarantine etc

Back
Top Bottom