Bantam breeds?

Dschickchicks

In the Brooder
Apr 14, 2023
Hi y’all,
Now that my bantam chicks have grown a bit I was wondering if anyone knew what kind they are? Thanks!
0624A68F-E2B6-4DD1-956C-65B636C392ED.jpeg
8BECDD18-C940-4F72-B104-FCFD554C516B.jpeg
A225394C-F137-439D-92B4-15C20834C074.jpeg

Any advice for keeping them friendly? I JUST culled my roo because he was a literal demon and nothing worked on making him friendly. I have four Orpington hens. And they’re all getting along well, I don’t mind having freeloading roosters but I also need to be able to work in the run without being attacked nonstop.

Unfortunately there's not much you could do. It's really up to the temperament of each cockerel/rooster. You'll just have to see who is the friendliest of the bunch. You could try bringing a stick in the run IF they become aggressive, but IMO at that point its better to just cull

I have found that as well. In particular, I see Old English Game Bantams as more friendly and smart than a lot of other breeds because of multiple lines of them being bred for show.

It makes sense. You couldn't have an aggressive male, it would be really hard to handle and train. So aggressive individuals were culled

Back
Top Bottom