Bantam breeds?

Dschickchicks

In the Brooder
Apr 14, 2023
Hi y’all,
Now that my bantam chicks have grown a bit I was wondering if anyone knew what kind they are? Thanks!
0624A68F-E2B6-4DD1-956C-65B636C392ED.jpeg
8BECDD18-C940-4F72-B104-FCFD554C516B.jpeg
A225394C-F137-439D-92B4-15C20834C074.jpeg

Any advice for keeping them friendly? I JUST culled my roo because he was a literal demon and nothing worked on making him friendly. I have four Orpington hens. And they’re all getting along well, I don’t mind having freeloading roosters but I also need to be able to work in the run without being attacked nonstop.

Any advice for keeping them friendly? I JUST culled my roo because he was a literal demon and nothing worked on making him friendly. I have four Orpington hens. And they’re all getting along well, I don’t mind having freeloading roosters but I also need to be able to work in the run without being attacked nonstop.

Unfortunately there's not much you could do. It's really up to the temperament of each cockerel/rooster. You'll just have to see who is the friendliest of the bunch. You could try bringing a stick in the run IF they become aggressive, but IMO at that point its better to just cull

Back
Top Bottom