bantam breeds

:yesss:
We've got new babies

:jumpy
:yiipchick
:cd

The last one to hatch was the first to pip ( the little one with it's wing out asking for you to tell if it's a girl or boy...LOL)
Guess Just for fun, and yes I know you can't feather sex all types of chicks...
2665.png

Last edited:
The gal we sold him to took the black and white also, she will be breeding Alex with her Ameraucana we'll be getting a couple chicks back in the spring...
263a.png
It's fun to see what develops

At this point they will qualify as titled Easter Eggers that have the most beautiful array of colors and patterns to choose from. BYC has a thread about the EE history and it's fascinating.

If our APA Blue Wheaten Ameraucana (my avatar) wasn't such a noisy hen I'd invest in some EEs but she is so embarrassingly noisy that I don't dare take a chance with any more - but I absolutely adore their human-interaction personality and their predator savvy wariness. My friend has one Amer and 3 EEs and says they are lovely girls but also says they are her noisiest talkative birds.

yesss.gif

We've got new babies

jumpy.gif

yippiechickie.gif

D.gif

The last one to hatch was the first to pip ( the little one with it's wing out asking for you to tell if it's a girl or boy...LOL)
Guess Just for fun, and yes I know you can't feather sex all types of chicks...
2665.png

It's amazing how completely black these chicks are. A lot of black breeds are born black but often with yellow-white down underbellies or wing tips but these chicks look like Cemani chicks - completely black all over!

I wish no chance we'd come off having something rare and desirable...LOL
I will take my long lens this week and get you a good shot of the mom and dad's that run on the yard.
the photos I put up of the chicks earlier we're from the same parentage...
My grandfather has been under the impression he simply had Japanese Bantams running the yard.

We'll see

Thanks so much for providing me with yet another wild looking chicken to try and find...I think
I love this I may build a pen specially for finding and breeding a few off...

Just thought I'd update our first hatch bantam babes 11 weeks old on Tuesday
Just hanging out it was quite miserably hot & humid
Silkie the Lavender
Odette the Black/Brown

We think our little freebie chickie is a girl Old English
Meet Maria

if this chick turns out to be a boy he will be Mario...LOL
8 Weeks old on Thursday

Romeo & Mario went to live with a nice little boy named Evan in Calhoun County, SC

but we've picked up 2 cute Golden Laced SeabrightXBrahma mixed chicks
And one gray/blue silkie.
not counting the 6 Japanese bantam eggs we have in the incubator, (I saw a snake lurking in the barn, & just couldn't let him have 'em)
and of the two bantys we had from the last hatch some sort of predator killed the female
we still have the male, he's guarding over the new mixed chicks we hatched, the 2 seabright mixes, and 3 lav
& splash orphington chicks, it really is the cutest thing ever to see them all up under his wings like a hen...lol

The gal we sold him to took the black and white also, she will be breeding Alex with her Ameraucana we'll be getting a couple chicks back in the spring...
263a.png
It's fun to see what develops

At this point they will qualify as titled Easter Eggers that have the most beautiful array of colors and patterns to choose from. BYC has a thread about the EE history and it's fascinating.

If our APA Blue Wheaten Ameraucana (my avatar) wasn't such a noisy hen I'd invest in some EEs but she is so embarrassingly noisy that I don't dare take a chance with any more - but I absolutely adore their human-interaction personality and their predator savvy wariness. My friend has one Amer and 3 EEs and says they are lovely girls but also says they are her noisiest talkative birds.

Our only bantam birds are two sweet Silkies and we have one LF APA Blue Wheaten Ameraucana (my avatar). We like the Silkies because they can't fly out of the yard like most bantam breeds like to do. Our talkative LF Ameraucana has been so good about staying in the yard and getting along with the Silkies that I took a bite out of the bullet to eat my own words and decided to invest in another Ameraucana. The Amers (and EEs as well) are kooky spooky jittery alert talkative birds but are so incredibly sweet and non-combative around gentle bantams that we decided to get another in Spring 2015 along with a supposedly gentle breed called Breda. I'm hoping the two new additions will be as gentle as our current flock.

(silkie, japanese bantam, phoenix breeds) We decided since we have traded eggs coming we'll be putting in all of our blue eggs in to hatch too. Be another half dozen or more possible olive eggers.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom