bantam breeds

Aquaholic

In the Brooder
Apr 21, 2017
Does anyone have a full list of all the TRUE bantams. I want some different breeds but the bantam crowd throw their noses up at my wayandottes bantams. I have d'uccles and they're cool.

Sylvester017

Crowing
7 Years
Nov 29, 2012
So. Calif.
Does anyone have a full list of all the TRUE bantams. I want some different breeds but the bantam crowd throw their noses up at my wayandottes bantams. I have d'uccles and they're cool.
Just about any large fowl breed can come in bantam. However, I assume you are talking about TRUE bantams rather than the large fowl breeds engineered into bantam sizes.

I have heard of bantam Delawares, Dominiques, Leghorns, RIR, and Wyandottes! Even Silkies that come in large fowl have mid-size as well as bantam Silkies. I was told the Silkies in the USA are considered mid-size while U.K. has large fowl Silkies and bantam Silkies smaller than the USA standards.

Sylvester017

Crowing
7 Years
Nov 29, 2012
So. Calif.
OEGB all of the way, they are awesome
I've heard a lot of good things about the OEGB breed from owner feedback. I considered OEGB along with about 5 other bantam breeds and it is so hard to make choices when I am zoned for only 5 birds. Some cities around me are limited to 3 hens! Ridiculous! As fate had it a friend of mine had extra Partridge Silkies hatch and gave us two for free so that's how we began 6 years ago. I liked the little Olandsk Dwarfs too but they were hard to get a few years back. Now DH is attached to his Silkies and can't imagine a flock without them so I guess it'll be Silkies from now on -- but really, I love all the little bantams. They really are practical chickens to have around.

Top Bottom