Bantam Chick Breeds

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by MinervaELS, Mar 17, 2018.

1. MinervaELS

MinervaELS Songster

Oct 8, 2017
    I have three varieties of bantam chicks and was hoping to figure out what they might look like as adults. Here are some pictures of each kind.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have five total of these, with varying amounts of light and dark on them.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Six total of these. Are these Old English Game bantams? If so, will they all be the same color? I'm having a hard time figuring out the varieties of those. The feathers coming in aren't all the same colors even though their chick colors are mostly the same.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Three of this kind, each with varying amounts of white.

Any help would be much appreciated. :D

drumstick diva likes this.
  2. countrygirl345

countrygirl345 Chirping

Apr 17, 2014
    Michigan
    The bottom two look like golden sebrights. The top ones could be various colors of old english game, but it is hard to tell. I would go to the Cackle Hatchery website https://www.cacklehatchery.com/baby-chicks.html?cat=19 to look at more pictures of the chicks or each breed. This has been very helpful for me in the past.

MinervaELS and alexa009 like this.
  3. alexa009

alexa009 Crossing the Road

Apr 6, 2017
    Texas
    My Coop
    I can't guarantee all of the breeds since you probably have to wait till they feather out but picture #5 and #6 looks like a golden laced Wyandotte bantam

MinervaELS likes this.
  4. alexa009

alexa009 Crossing the Road

Apr 6, 2017
    Texas
    My Coop
    Agree, could be sebrights also.

drumstick diva and MinervaELS like this.
  5. MinervaELS

MinervaELS Songster

Oct 8, 2017
    Thanks for the input! The bottom ones definitely look like those golden sebrights. So the white and black ones and the chipmunk ones are all OEG bantams of some sort? Any way to know what they'll look like, or is it just a crapshoot until they're older and feather out?

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    The bottom two are gold laced Sebrights . Are all chicks the same age. Please post new photos when they are fully feathered out - about 8 weeks old. Thank you

7. MinervaELS

MinervaELS Songster

Oct 8, 2017
    The third and fifth chicks pictured are a week older than the others. I have half and half when it comes to ages.

Are the ones colored like the first two silver sebrights?

8. MinervaELS

MinervaELS Songster

Oct 8, 2017
    Bumping this up. :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: