Bantam chickens.. a friendly discussion about all pure and mixed breeds.

Pics
I'm planning on going to the Old English Bantam Jamboree on November 2nd, 2019. It is held at the Rowan County, NC fairgrounds and I have never been before. Have any of you folks been in the past and what can I expect besides a lot of crowing? I'm taking my nephew and great nephew who have a growing interest in chickens (which makes me very happy as someone needs to carry on the family tradition after I'm dead and gone).

I'm planning on going to the Old English Bantam Jamboree on November 2nd, 2019. It is held at the Rowan County, NC fairgrounds and I have never been before. Have any of you folks been in the past and what can I expect besides a lot of crowing? I'm taking my nephew and great nephew who have a growing interest in chickens (which makes me very happy as someone needs to carry on the family tradition after I'm dead and gone).
Well sorry but I'm Canadian so I can't help ..:frow
Sounds interesting though..:)

Meet:
Sammy
Bug
Little Sh*t

I had no idea what I was doing when I randomly decided to get 3 unsexed mini chickens. Some woman in tractor supply was talking them up. Sammy and Bug have always been so cuddly. Sammy is my little sweetheart and Bug is my rocker girl. As for my rooster ... can you say napoleon complex!!
I just love these littles ❤

Attachments

• 20190907_173128.jpg
    20190907_173128.jpg
    826.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 20190708_202025.jpg
    20190708_202025.jpg
    847.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 20190708_201502.jpg
    20190708_201502.jpg
    1,016.8 KB · Views: 13
Tell me more!!!

Meet:
Sammy
Bug
Little Sh*t

I had no idea what I was doing when I randomly decided to get 3 unsexed mini chickens. Some woman in tractor supply was talking them up. Sammy and Bug have always been so cuddly. Sammy is my little sweetheart and Bug is my rocker girl. As for my rooster ... can you say napoleon complex!!
I just love these littles ❤
Those are cute little chickens..

I seriously love all the Bantams...Ducks and Chickens..:hugs
Such nice docile breeds without the mayhem of standards..:woot

You've mentioned this a couple of times. I'm curious, what do you mean? Are bantams more docile in general? I've considered bantams because they're smaller which means I could more variety :lol:

You've mentioned this a couple of times. I'm curious, what do you mean? Are bantams more docile in general? I've considered bantams because they're smaller which means I could more variety :lol:
The breeds I've tried are very sweet without the big bird issues. I haven't had any fighting they all just get along perfectly. They are always happy.
My little Rooster/Cockerel isn't hard on the Hens at all. He loves them. I introduced 5 Pullets without first separated pens and everything went perfectly. Now they all mingle together. My Sebright is a bit more bossy although it's just her temperament.
I'd recommend Bantams...:frow

Back
Top Bottom