Bantam chickens.. a friendly discussion about all pure and mixed breeds.

Pics
Remove the boys. Don't torture the hen with a saddle. Some young bantam roosters are too vigorous their first year or two. I keep them separately until they mature more.
I considered separating my two bantam cockerels into a rooster-only pen (separate from my big roos because they can be jerks). But, the adult roo in my mixed flock suddenly stopped being able to walk. So I'm going to keep them with the hens for now, unless they actually start being bullies.

I considered separating my two bantam cockerels into a rooster-only pen (separate from my big roos because they can be jerks). But, the adult roo in my mixed flock suddenly stopped being able to walk. So I'm going to keep them with the hens for now, unless they actually start being bullies.
They are definitely all different. I enjoy my roosters, especially the little guys. Some are such little goofs. I've had them be good right from the start, and others take 2 years to become good boys.

They are definitely all different. I enjoy my roosters, especially the little guys. Some are such little goofs. I've had them be good right from the start, and others take 2 years to become good boys.
They are! My sebright cockerel is a pretty talkative little guy. I was surprised at his friendliness; the first two months I've had him he was a bit skittish, but as he's gotten older (he's around 27 weeks old now) he's gotten more laidback.

Yeah, I thought so, but I can't really tell what color she is in the picture except off-white.
Here she is ..:)
2BC6A66A-EF07-482D-A221-EF5720DA1386.jpeg
Rosebud my pure Rosecomb.

Interesting that you were able to get an ancona bantam from a barnyard mix. Never heard of Chinese silkies. Silkies came from China, so wouldn't all of them be Chinese silkies?
Here's a video that explains the process of miniaturization of standard silkies into bantam Silkies, & the making of colored Silkies at the sametime.

Back
Top Bottom