Bantam chickens.. a friendly discussion about all pure and mixed breeds.

Pics
I always had standard chickens and definitely stressed me right out..:th
I've had Bantam chickens for a year and have enjoyed them tremendously...ZERO stress..:woot
I'm thinking about getting some standard girls in 2020 so I have a coop of bantams and a coop of standards....and more eggs to share with the neighbors! I originally made two coops because I was trying to keep a rooster coop and keep all my cockerels. That experiment failed(!) since I'm in the city and the boys are soooo loud! Anyhow, I'm curious...what is stressful about standard chickens? I'll stick to bantams if it's easier!

So true. Granted, their eggs are smaller, but I get so many eggs, we can’t eat them all anyway. I despise having to watch my back around a big rooster, or stressing over them not having enough room, etc etc. Bantams fit my lifestyle and goals much better.
Do Bantams lay during the Winter? I've read that! Mine will be 5 months old mid-November...so I'm curious if they will lay?

Oh that's good to know! There's no hurry. I'm just excited. I have 3 Mille Fleur D'Uccles and 3 Golden Laced Cochin Bantams. Soooo sweet!!! What colors are yours? I have some other breeds, too. I went crazy!
I have a pair of Millie fleur d'uccle hens, some mottled, blue splash, calico, and black cochins as well as some mixes. I also have 2 bantam Easter eggers.

I have already taken way too many pics of my Bantams. But here are a few. I'm looking for homes for eight cockerels if anyone is interested! I'll post those next with a Craigslist ad. I have Mille Fleur D'Uccles, Black-breasted Red Dutch, Silver Sebrights, Golden-laced Cochins, Blue Rosecombs, and Blue Dutch. Totally in love with them all! They love all sorts of treats and they love to watch Squirrel TV. They will be 4 months old in a few days and I've had them since they were 2 days old. Always a dream to have Bantams!! I'm keeping the two cockerels in these pics...the D'Uccle is an amazing rooster so far and the Dutch is my buddy--very very tame because he tried to die the first three weeks of his life and we got close!
IMG_5213.jpg
IMG_5327.jpg
IMG_5359.jpg
IMG_5360.jpg
IMG_4548.jpg
IMG_4547.jpg

Back
Top Bottom