Bantam chickens.. a friendly discussion about all pure and mixed breeds.

Pics
sheepish shrug.gif

Ooooh, man, now I'm definitely in trouble. You can't tell me all of this and then say it's better I don't order from them! I'm doomed! :p

(P.S. Cochin bantams are super cute, too. ;) One of my three favorite breeds, along with the OEGBs and my large fowl Dorkings.)

Right?! :love :love So proud of that little guy! I really like the subtleness of Rigel's color, too. I generally don't like solid white varieties in chickens, but there's just enough color to him that I find him really pretty. :love He tends to wash out in pictures, but there's a tiny bit more distinction in person between his hackle / saddle feathers and his chest / wing bar area.

Haha, I don't know about that. But again, SDW is one of my favorite varieties regardless of breed. :love

Oh, that's not a problem at all! Y'all will be sick of seeing pictures from me when it's baby season! :gig Seriously, I can't stop myself. :oops:
My apologies....or not. ;) I wonder how this could affect coop plans? :pop

Awww, Cochins are awfully cute in their own puffy way. :love I've raised some myself, but sadly, they weren't Eagle Nest stock (look who's been spoiled :rolleyes:). :hmm:lol:

You have every right to be proud of drop dead gorgeous little men like Achernar and Rigel. :drool I'd show them off left and right if they were mine! Solid white isn't my favorite, either, but I was surprised by how gorgeous my white OEGBs turned out to be. :love Rigel takes it to the next level, however. ;)

Makes complete sense....truthfully, they are stunning in their own way. :)

Sick? Of peep pictures? Naaaaaah. ;)
Just in case you needed more justification to get moderns...:duc

I mean they even sleep cute!!
View attachment 1943990 View attachment 1943991 View attachment 1944012 View attachment 1943992 The babies are so tinnyyyy. And look at their proud little stance!!View attachment 1943994
And man are they noisseyyy!View attachment 1943996 View attachment 1943997
look at his stride!!!View attachment 1943998 View attachment 1943999 View attachment 1944000 View attachment 1944001 Boys from this year ^:loveView attachment 1944003 View attachment 1944004
And of course my gals at their show

and this random English boy, I’m in love with him!!

View attachment 1944014
Case closed. You need moderns :lau:celebrate:highfive::yesss::woot
WOW!!!!! :love That's it, we all need some. :lol: With those adorably long legs, they almost bear the essence of tiny people.....

Is that OEGB cockerel a Brassy Back?? :bow

~Alex

Another thing....bantams are SNEAKY. Either they're hiding out on a secret nest of 100 eggs, or they flat out disappear on me. :confused: This past couple days, I've been searching for my Vampire, who I was certain had been killed in broad daylight. (despite the fact no remains were discovered)
But guess who decided to come waltzing out of the corn field last night? :eek: I squeezed her purple chubbiness for pure joy!
DSCN1994.JPG DSCN1997.JPG
~Alex

WOW!!!!! :love That's it, we all need some. :lol: With those adorably long legs, they almost bear the essence of tiny people.....

Is that OEGB cockerel a Brassy Back?? :bow

~Alex

Thank you!!!

Nope, he’s a Brown Red! I just had the flash on, and his color looks a little off! He’s such a sweet boy, most old English I have had are a little unruly, but he’ll just stand still when I walk near him, and not make a single peep when I pick him up!

Thank you!!!

Nope, he’s a Brown Red! I just had the flash on, and his color looks a little off! He’s such a sweet boy, most old English I have had are a little unruly, but he’ll just stand still when I walk near him, and not make a single peep when I pick him up!
You're more than welcome! :)

Ah, that was my other guess. :love There's nothing more attractive than a rooster who's equally gorgeous inside and out. He's your only OEGB roo? :)

~Alex

Back
Top Bottom