Bantam chickens.. a friendly discussion about all pure and mixed breeds.

Thank you, she was a sweet little hen. :) I'd really hoped to hatch from her and my silkied Cochin rooster to see if I could get more lovely, silkied black birds, even if they were mixes, but I guess it wasn't meant to be. Oh, well.

Haha, I've heard that about their temperaments! :lol: Mine are sort of anti-Silkie in that respect, it seems. They've never been overly docile or stupid, really.

You know, except for some silly moments like that one time my Paint rooster, Reuben, was trying to seem really impressive by flapping into the air and ended up landing in the poop-scooping bucket. :gig

View attachment 1963838

Honestly, with my Silkies, I really fell in love with their feathering, but the breed is just not that interesting to me, personality-wise. So it's not that I hate them or anything, but they're just kind of... meh? Not like my sassy little silkied Cochin bantams, who have the Silkie feathering I love along with all the bantam Cochin attitude and personality. :love :love Can't get enough of them!

View attachment 1963843

But anyway, I do understand why people like Silkies a lot and I don't blame you at all for enjoying your silly, fuzzy birds. :)
Awesome pictures. What a funny bird. :gig
Silkies are definitely not as busy as my other breeds of Bantams and my Sebright is bossy but not mean. My Cochin is a nice Pullet and she just does her own thing.

Haha, busy, that's another good word for it!! :gig I love how you describe your birds! :D

Definitely, my Cochins range from being calm and aloof to being like your Sebright; bossy, but not mean. My OEGBs fall solidly into that 'busy' category, always on the move and always doing something. :love There's something just so adorable about how much those teeny-tiny birds zoom around all day. Only time they're still is when they're looking up at me with those big eyes asking for attention, or for me to lift them to their perch in the evening like the little princesses they are. :love :love They fly to my shoulders if I don't notice them soon enough, but absolutely refuse to fly to their perch, which is about waist high on me, on their own. :rolleyes:

Haha, busy, that's another good word for it!! :gig I love how you describe your birds! :D

Definitely, my Cochins range from being calm and aloof to being like your Sebright; bossy, but not mean. My OEGBs fall solidly into that 'busy' category, always on the move and always doing something. :love There's something just so adorable about how much those teeny-tiny birds zoom around all day. Only time they're still is when they're looking up at me with those big eyes asking for attention, or for me to lift them to their perch in the evening like the little princesses they are. :love :love They fly to my shoulders if I don't notice them soon enough, but absolutely refuse to fly to their perch, which is about waist high on me, on their own. :rolleyes:
I like my birds but I don't handle them though. Just enjoy them from a distance. :thumbsup

My bantam coop.
1122191228a.jpg
1122191228.jpg

My bantam coop.
1122191228a-jpg.1964925
1122191228-jpg.1964926

Wow, is that whole big building in the back your coop?! :eek: Any more pictures of your setup? :pop

My adorable birds today..well some of them..
70f79d2e-00ff-4ca1-8b45-197335f5000e-jpeg.1965052

Lovely birds! Your rooster is so handsome! :love

What breed is the hen to the right in this picture I quoted? I love her shape; reminds me a lot of my Dorkings with short-looking legs and a nice, plump-looking body, but bantam sized! :love

Wow, is that whole big building in the back your coop?! :eek: Any more pictures of your setup? :pop

Lovely birds! Your rooster is so handsome! :love

What breed is the hen to the right in this picture I quoted? I love her shape; reminds me a lot of my Dorkings with short-looking legs and a nice, plump-looking body, but bantam sized! :love
Thanks she is a Rosecomb/ Old English game Bantam like my Rooster. Same Dad. Different mothers. That's Jenny and he is Forest Hump..:lol:

Back
Top Bottom