Bantam chickens.. a friendly discussion about all pure and mixed breeds.

I got my Dutch Bantam eggs from my own breeding pen. It’s very hard to find good quality Dutch. Sadly, there just aren’t enough people out there who are breeding them. You can get lovely pet bantams from a hatchery, but they won’t be true Dutch.
Yep, that's what I got! They are fantastic birds. I am so in love with them.

If you want to be sure you are buying Dutch, ask pictures of the hens and rooster. Compare it with the specs (white earlobes, short and slate colour leggs, big tail, etc. )

I have Dutch in the Netherlands and had no Marek with my bantams. I do not buy new chicks/chickens but let the hens hatch eggs.

The boys are given away for free.
You should send us some hatching eggs from the Netherlands and we will improve our birds here in the U.S.!!

image.jpg
20190514_165416.jpg
Can you post some pics of your birds? I'm really in love with the Dutch bantams.
I have no recent pics on my phone. Just got a new smartphone last month. Some old pics attached. The cockerel didn’t stay. And the chicks above from a hatch last spring from another rooster are not pure bred.
image.jpg

Last edited:
You should send us some hatching eggs from the Netherlands and we will improve our birds here in the U.S.!!
I suggested this a few years back in another topic about Dutch bantams. But this is not allowed (regulations).
And I do not have a rooster anymore because it made too much noise. I am looking for a quit rooster to keep. :clap

Back
Top Bottom