Bantam Cochin color help

Eckielady

Songster
Feb 12, 2017
East Tennessee
IMG_5164.JPG
These 6 little ones were hatched under my mama silkie a few days ago. I assumed the little gray one was a birchen but her feathers are coming almost super light gray. The gal I got them from doesn't have gray/blue chickens. Could she be a splash? Curious about the others also. They all look like a variation of mottled but she doesn't have mottled chickens. I know one (the biggest) is from my chickens and mottled but the others confuse me. Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_5163.JPG
    IMG_5163.JPG
    260.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_5166.JPG
    IMG_5166.JPG
    511.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_5167.JPG
    IMG_5167.JPG
    486.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5169.JPG
    IMG_5169.JPG
    475.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5170.JPG
    IMG_5170.JPG
    468.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5171.JPG
    IMG_5171.JPG
    479.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5172.JPG
    IMG_5172.JPG
    497.8 KB · Views: 10
Looks like:
3 blacks
1. Mottled
1. Blue or self blue. If you are absolutely positive she doesn't have blue chickens, it could possibly be a white, thats off colored.
Also, keep in mind, if she has black and splash Cochins, those can me mated together, and will produce 100% blue offspring.

She does have black and splash so that may be it. Not too excited about so many blacks. Thanks much!!

Looks like:
3 blacks
1. Mottled
1. Blue or self blue. If you are absolutely positive she doesn't have blue chickens, it could possibly be a white, thats off colored.
Also, keep in mind, if she has black and splash Cochins, those can me mated together, and will produce 100% blue offspring.

One more quick question- does this look like a Cochin? Hoping to find someone well versed on them since I keep getting different answers.
Looks like:
3 blacks
1. Mottled

Ya, the big one is actually a mix between my bantam Cochin roo and a frizzled silkie type hen creature. I was hoping to get the frizzle but it looks like that didn't work out.

I can't quite tell, it looks like the mottled one (one with the most white on it) may be standard. In pic 3, it looks that way, but in the group photo it looks normal size....

Back
Top Bottom