Bantam Cochin thread

You maybe can see my 2 grow out Cochins!?
18FED21E-1CAF-442C-840D-C5B5982C9116.jpeg

Oooh, I love bantam Cochins!! One of my top three breeds for sure! I am working on building up a good group of silkie-feathered Cochin bantams for breeding, and I have some smooth-feathered Mottleds from Meyer Hatchery that I got on a whim a few years back. Love my little round sassy fluffball chickens :love

Unfortunately, I seem to be having some technical difficulties uploading pictures of my silkied Reds... 🤔 Here is my growout trio of silkied Black Cochin bantams, though, and the surprise recessive white that popped up in the same hatch. My handsome man Gus and his girls, Myrtle, Zinnia, and the recessive white girl, Dandelion:

Gus.jpg
Myrtle.jpg
Zinnia.jpg
Dandelion.jpg

Oooh, I love bantam Cochins!! One of my top three breeds for sure! I am working on building up a good group of silkie-feathered Cochin bantams for breeding, and I have some smooth-feathered Mottleds from Meyer Hatchery that I got on a whim a few years back. Love my little round sassy fluffball chickens :love

Unfortunately, I seem to be having some technical difficulties uploading pictures of my silkied Reds... 🤔 Here is my growout trio of silkied Black Cochin bantams, though, and the surprise recessive white that popped up in the same hatch. My handsome man Gus and his girls, Myrtle, Zinnia, and the recessive white girl, Dandelion:

View attachment 2380104View attachment 2380105View attachment 2380106View attachment 2380103
I didn’t even know those existed they are beautiful!!

my family wanted some good egg laying chickens we didnt know much and got almost a full flock of banty cochins and now they are my favorite chickens i own. 2 of the pullets are currently sitting on some eggs. probably cochin mixes but we will see. definitely my favorite breed
Do you have other breeds or did you know that they were a cross?

Back
Top Bottom