Bantam Cochin thread

Here’s a little black pullet I bought the 11th
53EA4E28-5B15-47FC-8491-C4CD20A054E7.jpeg
B12AB607-EEE2-4177-BBB4-A3F883C8A2BD.jpeg
FB407063-F794-47C1-B3C6-49E128D1FCEE.jpeg

How do you know if the bantam is a cochin or a gold laced wyandotte? This is my Foxy Lady, I thought she was a glw bantam, but after seeing your pictures I'm not sure 🤷 (I thought I had more pics of her, will get a couple more tomorrow)View attachment 2380896

single comb, feathered legs, fluffy ball looking = bantam cochin (or pekin - this is the correct name for the breed. they are true bantams that just look similar to cochins that are LF)

How do you know if the bantam is a cochin or a gold laced wyandotte? This is my Foxy Lady, I thought she was a glw bantam, but after seeing your pictures I'm not sure 🤷 (I thought I had more pics of her, will get a couple more tomorrow)View attachment 2380896
Cochin.
Wyandottes have rose combs, no floof on their trotters, and just a different look to their face.

I cannot see if your bird has floofy feet, but I have no doubt she does.

Cochin.
Wyandottes have rose combs, no floof on their trotters, and just a different look to their face.

I cannot see if your bird has floofy feet, but I have no doubt she does.
Oh, she definitely has floofy trotters. So cochin she be 😍 Thanks for the information. This is my first year with chickens and my bantys were a mixed lot from TSC. Any idea what my banty roo is? He also has floofy trotters and is a complete sweetheart
20200909_081838.jpg

Oh, she definitely has floofy trotters. So cochin she be 😍 Thanks for the information. This is my first year with chickens and my bantys were a mixed lot from TSC. Any idea what my banty roo is? He also has floofy trotters and is a complete sweetheart View attachment 2381738
He looks like a silver Birchen Cochin.
@Overo Mare?

I got my first cochin bantams this year, and they have very quickly become my favorite breed! They are just so fluffy, friendly, and adorable!

Here is my frizzled cockerel, Papaya. He is 17 weeks old.
IMG_20201013_133551895~2.jpg

This is my smooth pullet, Mango. She's also 17 weeks old, and she's my little darling. 🥰
IMG_20201013_134910892_HDR~2.jpg

Also, does anyone know what color they are? They have the white, orange, and black like Mille Fleur, but the pattern isn't quite right.

Back
Top Bottom