1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

BANTAM COCHINS CLUB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by hiddenacres, Sep 11, 2013.

1. hiddenacres

hiddenacres Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2013
    New Milford, Pa
    Free club where you can talk bantam cochins all day long answer questions and ask too photos welcome and most of all have fun... i have two blacks here they are
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    are they not just precious or what...

2. hiddenacres

Mar 17, 2013
    New Milford, Pa
    So anybody wanna come and join

3. Coralee

Coralee Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2012
    Woodbine Georgia
    [​IMG] This is one of my hens, I call her Sable.

LilJoe and BantammChick like this.
  4. mindylee

mindylee Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2012
    Lapeer Michigan
    I will!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my cochin bantams! I have 55 and will have about 150 by summer. I will be breeding these and silkies, but the cochin is my #1 fav!

I have almost every color and hope to have them all when Im done putting my breeding flocks togather. Im revamping my barn to house them and also getting some chicken breeding condo coops for when breeding for certin colors. I cant wait till spring!
    [​IMG]

5. hiddenacres

Mar 17, 2013
    New Milford, Pa
    Cool I only have two as of now but want to have maybe 10 blacks in the spring

6. hiddenacres

Mar 17, 2013
    New Milford, Pa
    Yay today I got my bantam cochins to mix with the standard size breeds (Amber whites and red sex links and silkies) well a milestone for me

1 person likes this.
  7. FrizzlesRule

FrizzlesRule Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2009
    I love bantam cochins. Don't have room for 50 of them, I wish, but i love the ones I have. I have smooth and frizzles. They make the best little cuddly warm pets.

8. Coralee

Coralee Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2012
    Woodbine Georgia
    [​IMG]

This is my youngest hen. She hatched back in May of last year. This is the second time she's tried brooding a clutch. We had some unusual cold recently, and I put a towel around her to help keep her warm. I have not had much luck with my Bantam Cochins. Out of four nests I have three that hatched.

[​IMG]

On Sunday the 12th one peep hatched. By Tuesday morning there were 10. Not bad for a clutch of 13 eggs.

[​IMG]

This is "Mom" I call her Sweetie Pie & one of my older hens, Sassie. Sassie helped raise Sweetie and she is an "aunty" hen. She doesn't set eggs but is happy to help with the peeps.

BantammChick likes this.
  9. mindylee

mindylee Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2012
    Lapeer Michigan
    I cant wait till hatching season! Im hatching a few doz eggs for myself and a couple 100 for customers.

I am now at about 70 chickens!

LOVE MY COCHINS![​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  10. schipperkemom

schipperkemom Out Of The Brooder

Jan 17, 2014
    Nice picture!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by