Bantam d'uccle roosters

hardwaregrrl

In the Brooder
Oct 7, 2020
Hello all, first post here.....hoping you can help me decide. I'm am in Atlanta proper and have 7 hens right now. I've lost one to age and just 3 weeks ago another to a hawk. We have a very well covered yard but one spot is now an open area as Hurricane Zeta took out a couple of tree tops. This is where I lost a bird, and almost another one today. We have been thinking about a rooster to help with our free range girls. Well as luck would have it, someone dumped 4 roosters at our local park. I was able to catch 2 of them. Rainbow is a Mille Fleur d'uccle and Nickel is a porcelain d'uccle. Both are bantam! They're adorable....they've been comfortably living in the a frame tractor for 3 weeks.

I'm torn as to keep them. I would love to but I'm afraid of keeping them for the wrong reasons. Are all bantam birds just too damn small to free range? I've only had chickens for a year and we've had no problems with hawks until this winter. Hawk deterrents are going up. Its a small landing zone, but since the tree tops are gone they've figured out the key.

Attachments

• tempImagesrbn4l.png
    tempImagesrbn4l.png
    5.2 MB · Views: 28
Well, we kept them both....they're pretty much like frick and frack. They can't posssibly consummate with our tall ladies...but they're happy and well carried for here with us so it all worked out. Bonus, their crow is subdued and pleasant.

Well, we kept them both....they're pretty much like frick and frack. They can't posssibly consummate with our tall ladies...but they're happy and well carried for here with us so it all worked out. Bonus, their crow is subdued and pleasant.
Don't bet on that mine bred with my full sized golden sexlinks and white leghorns the babies are so cute

My Japanese bantam regularly mates our large fowl black australorps.

Back
Top Bottom