Bantam Easter Egger??????? updated post#20

chickendude

Crowing
12 Years
Jun 4, 2009
Dutchess County NY
All of these chickens were hatched April 1st making them 5 months old now. They all developed into large birds with the exception of the EE. Is this typical of this breed? Is there such thing as an EE bantam? Here is a picture so you can see the size difference.
33356_img_5763.jpg

33356_img_5735.jpg

33356_img_5737.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a scrawny LF to me. Not putting him down he might be sweet, don't know him.

To answer yoyr question: yes there are bantam EE's.

She is a pullet. There is such a thing as a bantam EE, but they are not common at feed stores, hatcheries. Usually when you order EEs, they are LF. However, the odd feathering almost looks like she has Silkie in her, which would explain her smaller size. The other possibility is that she's just small, or a slow grower---both happen as well. I think she's cute.

I think there is something genetically wrong with the bird and I don't think it will every lay or even make it very long. Sorry, but that is my opinion.
sad.png

I agree with pips&peeps. It looks like there may be some sort of dwarfism going on with this bird.

I had a Delaware hatch and end up being a dwarf, it couldn't keep up with the rest of the birds and eventually was becoming malnourished, so we culled the chick.

Hopefully your little one is just that, little.

pips&peeps :

I think there is something genetically wrong with the bird and I don't think it will every lay or even make it very long. Sorry, but that is my opinion.
sad.png

I had that very same thought. But oddly enough she is very active and eats well. The other three in the photo protect her from my RIR girls, which can be ruthless with the picking. You can see she is missing some of her tail feathers.​

Also, the funny thing is she was the largest of the 4 when I got them as day olds. But with in a few weeks they started to outgrow her by leaps and bounds.

Quote:
Privettt hatchery sells bantam "Ameraucanas" which are actually EEs.

Back
Top Bottom