Bantam Hens sought - Los Angeles

jennymcnabb

Hatching
11 Years
Nov 9, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Hello All!

I'm new here and impressed with what a friendly community this is. I live in LA and am looking for two bantam hens -- either pullets or ready to lay eggs.

As a kid I raised -- and showed -- bantam New Hampshires, Mille Fleurs, all kinds of Cochins, etc. I'm less fussy about breeds now but my neighbors would probably love the Auracana eggs, and I'd like to keep the neighbors happy since my yard's fairly small.

Does anyone have leads, suggestions, stock for sale in LA?

Ooo! I'd like to know where you live, but don't want to freak you out. lol.

I live in Torrance and bought banty chicks last spring from Escondido Feed. They were just a mixed batch, but I ended up with a golden seabright, a silver seabright, 3 old English and some feather-footed dude that never lived long enough for me to figure out what breed he was. Unfortunately, we are down to one OE hen, but I hope to get a couple more and be more selective in the breeds.

I am currently unsure if I will be able to keep any chickens (see my post in the law section) but we are trying.

so I guess I'm not really much help, but just to let you know I'm in your area and have similar interests!

Hi there,
I live all the wayyyy in norwest Ohio and have 2 white banty hens and a banty roo to give away.
one hen is laying and the other will be anytime.
my mom raises bantys and gave me some she down sized for winter, but i prefer the bigger hens, so i wish i could give them to a good, safe home.
Any plans to come this way?????
The hens are white (one has an extra toe on each foot so maybe she is part silkie) and the rooster is black, white and green and some blue too and he has the extra toe on each foot too.

Hi!

Thank you both for your replies. thewobsers - no plans to come to Ohio, I'm afraid... tamlynn, where is Escondido Feed located? I live in Hollywood near Melrose Ave... And I hope everything resolves for you so you can keep chickens!

Jenny

I have four pet quality partridge bantam cochin hens I would part with. $50 for all. Riverside, not too far.
hen.jpg

feathers.jpg

Jenny, its in Escondido.
big_smile.png

Good luck with getting some chickens. I really enjoy them.

Onthespot, if we get the green light from animal control, I'd love to contact you about banty breeds. I drive out to Corona about once a month to visit my brother. I need to learn more about specific breeds.

tamlynn - thank you for the info!

onthespot - thank you as well! Ideally I'm hoping to find chickens here in LA, although I'll definitely keep in mind your offer.

with gratitude,
Jenny

hi!

I haven't bought any hens yet, although I've got my eyes open and am still looking... I've narrowed down what I'd prefer, to make things easier: either bantam Auracanas or bantam New Hampshires.

I used to breed & show bantam New Hampshires when I was a kid. They're quite lovely.

Back
Top Bottom