Bantam Hens with Full sized roosters

JenniferMango

In the Brooder
Nov 12, 2020
I have a flock of 20, 2 of which have turned out to be roosters. They will be full sized roosters (the roosters are only about 12 weeks old now), one RIR and one Croad Langshan. From my original girls I have 5 bantam hens (4 bantam cochins and one bantam polish). Am I going to be able to keep them all? Or will I have to choose between the bantam hens and the full size roosters? Will the roosters hurt my little bantams? Or will they all figure it out? The roosters aren't trying to mate yet as they are still young, I just want to be prepared when the time comes.

SueT

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
6 Years
May 27, 2015
SW MO
I have a full sized rooster, and one bantam hen amongst the large ones, and rooster mates w her, doesn't hurt her. I let her hatch out her half bantam chicks this year. They are midsize birds, my 'designer' chickens...

JenniferMango

In the Brooder
Nov 12, 2020
That is very comforting to hear. I read horror stories online and it makes me so nervous. I love my beautiful bantam girls, but my RIR rooster is the first baby I hatched so he's super special to me too! I just don't want anyone to get hurt! My Calico Cochin "Betty White".. just because she's so darn cute!

Attachments

• Betty White.jpg
    Betty White.jpg
    338.3 KB · Views: 3

Top Bottom