Bantam ID help - 3 days old

ambabya

Songster
9 Years
Oct 10, 2010
Can anyone throw some guesses out for my 17 babies?
Bantam "purebred" grab bag from Cackle, so the list is extensive of what these guys might be.
There are no silkies! I have zero five toes.

I've placed like chicks in photos together.

******The chipmunks, 1, 2, & 3 ******

IMG_8617.JPG

IMG_8627.JPG

******Next we have these beauties #4&5. My guess is d'uccle ******

IMG_8621.JPG

IMG_8630.JPG

****** This lone black baby #6 ******
IMG_8610.JPG

IMG_8633.JPG

****** Black and yellow. Not sure if they are the same... I was on the fence with these two - #s 7&8 ******
IMG_8620.JPG

IMG_8636.JPG

****** de fleur? That's my guess for 9, 10, and 11 ******
IMG_8618.JPG

IMG_8640.JPG

****** Beautiful little gray babies with feathered legs #12&13 ******
IMG_8623.JPG

IMG_8635.JPG

****** 14 is a loud little thing and a lovely dark caramel ******
IMG_8641.JPG

IMG_8643.JPG

****** #15 is very dark. Clean legs. ******
IMG_8638.JPG

IMG_8639.JPG

****** Gray, clean legs #16 ******
IMG_8614.JPG

IMG_8634.JPG

****** yellow, black spots #17 ******
IMG_8644.JPG

IMG_8645.JPG

I'm only gonna try the ones that look more obvious at this point. Lots of pics and adorable chicks! :love Do you have a list of what breeds were available?

4 and 5 look like Porcelain D'uccles. 7 and 8 I'm not sure if they're the same or not. One or both could be Australorps? 9-11 Belgian D'uccles, Mille Fleur. 12 and 13 blue cochins.

Those are the ones that stand out for me right now. Please update! Lovely chicks!

6 is probably a black rose comb bantam if I'm seeing the comb right. I'd bet 1-3 are BBR old english games but could be spangled or Dutch bantams. 16 has a beard so either D'Anvers or Ameraucana.

I'm only gonna try the ones that look more obvious at this point. Lots of pics and adorable chicks! :love Do you have a list of what breeds were available?

4 and 5 look like Porcelain D'uccles. 7 and 8 I'm not sure if they're the same or not. One or both could be Australorps? 9-11 Belgian D'uccles, Mille Fleur. 12 and 13 blue cochins.

Those are the ones that stand out for me right now. Please update! Lovely chicks!

Thanks, here's the list.

We will include as many breeds as possible in the assortment. It is sold as a hatchery choice of over 61 varieties: Easter Egg chickens (Ameraucanas); White or Black Silkies; Gold or Silver Sebrights; White, Red, Black, Barred, Buff, Blue, Gold Laced, Birchen, Silver Penciled, Splash or Partridge Cochins; Black Tailed White, White, Gray, Mottled & Black or Black Tailed Buff Japanese; Crele, Red Pyle, Wheaten, Silver Duckwing, Golden Duckwing, Black Breasted Red, Barred, Mille Fleur, Spangled, Brown Red, Ginger Red, Self Blue, Splash, White or Wheaton Old English; Mille Fleur or Porcelain d'Uccle; Quail Belgian Bearded d'Anver; Rhode Island Red; Dominique; Buff Orpington; Barred Rock; Black Breasted Red or Wheatan Cubalaya; White Faced Black Spanish; Blue; Splash or Black Rosecomb; and others as avail

Back
Top Bottom