Bantam ID

They red up pretty fast. Hens are womderful, however I have had issues with every D'uccle male I had once they hit sexual maturity. Hoping it was just the line inhale last time, but just a heads up
That's interesting. I also had a friend with a feisty little D'Uccle rooster. Maybe it's common in the breed. My D'Uccle x Silkie was great though, not sure what breed he took after

That's interesting. I also had a friend with a feisty little D'Uccle rooster. Maybe it's common in the breed. My D'Uccle x Silkie was great though, not sure what breed he took after
This thread strikes home. I lost one of my two Porcelain hens Tuesday afternoon. Something (a hawk I believe) spooked her and her coop mates and she flew up against the wire and broke her neck. I turned around and saw her flailing around a couple of seconds before she died. It was one of the worse moments in my over a half century raising chickens. I'm still sad.

This thread strikes home. I lost one of my two Porcelain hens Tuesday afternoon. Something (a hawk I believe) spooked her and her coop mates and she flew up against the wire and broke her neck. I turned around and saw her flailing around a couple of seconds before she died. It was one of the worse moments in my over a half century raising chickens. I'm still sad.
Oh my goodness I am so so sorry.

What do you mean “muffs”? Lol
The muffs/beard is the tuft of feathers under a chicken’s beak.

A booted bantam, which is unbearded (not my picture).
261EADE8-968B-45E0-B913-0396E101E114.jpeg

My bearded d’uccle hen.
13BEA47E-ECDA-4BF5-97E4-CE43648930B9.jpeg

Those look more like booted bantams than d’uccles to me. Too young to be sure, they could still grow in muffs.
Unbearded D'uccles do pop up occasionally. I've seen some poor quality ones from McMurry that were beardless.

@MontmorenciCoop where did you get those chicks? Booted bantams are a rare breed, so unless these are from a breeder it is unlikely they are Booted bantams.

Back
Top Bottom