Bantam, maybe cochin?

Pics

Dakota8472

Crowing
Apr 9, 2022
So i got two little ones that look like this, most of my looking around makes me think they are bantam chochins. I didnt get a straight down pic when i had them out last, but i can get later if it helps. this ones between 15 and 19 days old. not sure how long they were in tractor supply. they are tiny even compared to the silkies i have with them.

Attachments

• 20220409_121421.jpg
    20220409_121421.jpg
    331.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 20220409_121425.jpg
    20220409_121425.jpg
    370.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 20220409_121433.jpg
    20220409_121433.jpg
    248 KB · Views: 6
  • 20220409_121440.jpg
    20220409_121440.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 7
So i got two little ones that look like this, most of my looking around makes me think they are bantam chochins. I didnt get a straight down pic when i had them out last, but i can get later if it helps. this ones between 15 and 19 days old. not sure how long they were in tractor supply. they are tiny even compared to the silkies i have with them.
Porcelain D'uccle. Such a cutie.

Well the silkies are easy enough, blue ears, 5 toes and not very feathery early feathers. lol they are little balls of fur starting lol. my Light brahma was supposed to be a light brahma pullet. and that makes up the little crowd now. do u know how to tell if the silkies will just be white? or if they will get colors? I gather so far they look their colors as chicks while still having yellow yellow.
It's a white Silkie. TSC have the white ones more often then other colors of silkies.

aww, sad face. id love to have had the possibility of a few getting to be different. but TY, they are quiet the little characters so far.
You're welcome.

They may end up being a mix of different sizes rather then color though. Not all TSC Silkies are Bantams, just to let you know.

hmmmmmm. u know i do have 2 that seem oddly bigger than the others... i thought maybe their males.. but now im curious. I didnt do any research on non bantam silkies. are they as mild tempered? becuase these things will be around guests and children. eventually lol. its gonna be awhile before they are ready to go outside, much less wonder around.

hmmmmmm. u know i do have 2 that seem oddly bigger than the others... i thought maybe their males.. but now im curious. I didnt do any research on non bantam silkies. are they as mild tempered? becuase these things will be around guests and children. eventually lol. its gonna be awhile before they are ready to go outside, much less wonder around.
I'll answer you really quickly, cuz I gotta get ready to leave to care for the birds.

Mild tempered yes, some maybe abit more shy, or wild but not aggressive.(Disclaimer: With all chicken breeds, there maybe the chance an aggressive rooster may pop up)

I'll answer you really quickly, cuz I gotta get ready to leave to care for the birds.

Mild tempered yes, some maybe abit more shy, or wild but not aggressive.(Disclaimer: With all chicken breeds, there maybe the chance an aggressive rooster may pop up)
ty much. tell ur birds i say hi!!!!

Back
Top Bottom