brittanycuster94

Hatching
Mar 23, 2024
so I bought these chicks three Saturdays ago. I know my local tractor supply receive them on that Thursday so they’re like three weeks and two days old the two blackish ones are supposedly blue Australorps, but they look to me how my plymouth barred rock looked, so now I’m confused did they mess up? Then along with the “australorps” I bought these other two that are bantam assorted straight run so I’m thinking they’re either Cochin bantams or the Mille fleur bantam. after bringing them home I kind of felt the bantams could’ve been roosters but after a couple days I thought maybe not. BUT I just noticed this morning one of them especially has brighter red on the waddles that are coming in. so now I’m thinking one if not both are Roos.

The first photo was the first day I bought them and the second and beyond is this morning

Attachments

• IMG_2647.jpeg
    IMG_2647.jpeg
    602.2 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_3003.jpeg
    IMG_3003.jpeg
    636.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3003.jpeg
    IMG_3003.jpeg
    636.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3007.jpeg
    IMG_3007.jpeg
    487.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3008.jpeg
    IMG_3008.jpeg
    561.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3011.jpeg
    IMG_3011.jpeg
    571.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3012.jpeg
    IMG_3012.jpeg
    530.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3014.jpeg
    IMG_3014.jpeg
    619.2 KB · Views: 17
One of the barred chicks looks like it Cas a tiny crest, so I'm going with Olive Egger. The other one could also be an OE, or a Cuckoo Marans. I think you're right on the other two being golden laced cochins. Not sure about gender. Those are some seriously red wattles, so that's probably a cockerel. The other one is not showing any signs of being male, but update in 2-4 weeks

they are so adorable! I definitely think that the( Australorps ) are barred rocks well actually don't barred rocks have yellow legs and toes? The bantams I don't know what they are but they so cute! Update actually after looking at the legs I don't think barred rock they look kind of like my cuckoo maran chick.

:lauTractor Supply totally messed up.
The white and black ones look like maybe barred rocks and the smaller ones are bantams! I'm not sure what type of bantam, but they are so cute!
Have fun with your chickies!
Right!! after taking them home and looking into the blue australorps, I was like they look more like black australorps than blue but now that time has gone on they’re getting white 😑

they are so adorable! I definitely think that the( Australorps ) are barred rocks well actually don't barred rocks have yellow legs and toes? The bantams I don't know what they are but they so cute! Update actually after looking at the legs I don't think barred rock they look kind of like my cuckoo maran chick.
I have one barred rock already she’s almost 8 months, and she has black feet to my knowledge If she had yellow it would be a rooster the black feet usually means they are pullets.

One of the barred chicks looks like it Cas a tiny crest, so I'm going with Olive Egger. The other one could also be an OE, or a Cuckoo Marans. I think you're right on the other two being golden laced cochins. Not sure about gender. Those are some seriously red wattles, so that's probably a cockerel. The other one is not showing any signs of being male, but update in 2-4 weeks
Geez, they really got it mixed up over there or maybe it’s not them the hatchery that supplied them. Unfortunately, I don’t live in an area where I can have a lot of roosters my first batch of chickens that I ever perchased had a rooster which I was pretty suspicious by four weeks that he was and we just decided to keep him but I don’t think there’s anyway I can have anymore without somebody calling. 😞

Back
Top Bottom