Bantam Only Crazy Egg Chain

I know I have asked a couple of times and no one still had any kind of answer, but my question was, as far as eggs are concerned can the virus actually stay active within an egg? Can an egg pass the virus? I think it's safe to say that I won't be trading or swapping live birds either. But I would like to know if anyone has heard anything about the eggs actually passing the virus. You would think for obvious reasons the embryo would did and not carry out its cycle, but if the embryo is not there for the virus to attach to how can the virus stay active? I thought that a virus had to have a live host to actually breed and feed off of. I may totally be wrong, but that's why I am asking. If anyone knows about the virus and eggs, can you pass on any info!

I know I have asked a couple of times and no one still had any kind of answer, but my question was, as far as eggs are concerned can the virus actually stay active within an egg? Can an egg pass the virus? I think it's safe to say that I won't be trading or swapping live birds either. But I would like to know if anyone has heard anything about the eggs actually passing the virus. You would think for obvious reasons the embryo would did and not carry out its cycle, but if the embryo is not there for the virus to attach to how can the virus stay active? I thought that a virus had to have a live host to actually breed and feed off of. I may totally be wrong, but that's why I am asking. If anyone knows about the virus and eggs, can you pass on any info!
eggs are fomites for the virus. Basically the shell carries
the virus but it is not in the embryo. They contact it when they hatch.

I grow.org is a good place to understand this.

Sorry. Didn't realize it had been so long.

6 self blue/split bantam Cochins (self blue too over self blue and split hens)

6 welsh harlequin duck

8 blue/green Easter eggers

8 mixed color bantam Cochin (miscolored
birchen over white, black, self blue hens)

3 rhodebar plus 3 something else
is this offer still good? I'm interested in the welsh eggs

eggs are fomites for the virus. Basically the shell carries
the virus but it is not in the embryo. They contact it when they hatch.

My question is, if Ag vets and scientists say that the virus does NOT survive at higher temps (exampled by this current 'reprieve' in documented cases) then how would AI viably cling to a shell that is incubated above 98* for weeks? Makes not a lick of sense, from what I can ascertain.

My question is, if Ag vets and scientists say that the virus does NOT survive at higher temps (exampled by this current 'reprieve' in documented cases) then how would AI viably cling to a shell that is incubated above 98* for weeks? Makes not a lick of sense, from what I can ascertain.
it does die at higher temperatures but it is so many days at a certain temp, so many days at another temp. I'll have to see if I can't find it he info again.

it does die at higher temperatures but it is so many days at a certain temp, so many days at another temp. I'll have to see if I can't find it he info again.

I've heard about that too, minihorse927... can't remember the different time/temp ratios either...

Also, if it's on the shell, when you handle the egg it can transfer to your hands and then on to everything else you touch... just like a common cold...

But the point is, they will always err on the side of caution when dealing with a highly contagious disease...

I don't agree with culling a flock on a 'maybe' or negative tests, but as much as it would hurt, I'd have to agree on mine being culled if tested positive... it would be more devastating knowing that I would be responsible for many more poultry deaths...

is this offer still good? I'm interested in the welsh eggs

Sorry haven't been on much. Busy summer getting ready for fair and working 50 hrs a week.

6+ welsh harlequin duck eggs
6+ bantam Cochin mixed colors all babies have hatched black.
6+ self blue/split bantam Cochins
6 rhode bar eggs

12 Silkie hatching eggs. All my birds have been tested last month and they are all clear of disease. I will send a copy of the paperwork along with the eggs which is now a requirement in the state of Tennessee. I'm asking $45.00 including shipping. I'm getting no less than 4 eggs a day. I don't send any eggs older than 4 days old on shipping day. I don't leave eggs outside all day either. I check for eggs several times a day and what I collect are brought in the house where it is 72 degrees. I also pack very well to try my best to keep them in the middle of the box incase of any accidents during shipping. I use a 12x12x8 box and I can double box if requested.. I take Paypal ONLY. All these silkies are less than 2 years old. I will add extras. The eggs that will be sent are from 3 pens. Splash, Paint and a mixed pen that has a white roo, white hen and frizzled silkie partridge hen. In the pics the white hen is in with the paints but she has been with the white roo for a few months now. Also the black hen is no longer in the splash pen either. Splash Paints Mixed pen (white hen above is in this pen) This BIN will be valid for as long as I'm getting eggs. I will post when they stop.
You have this posted on the wrong thread.

Back
Top Bottom