Bantam people and nutrition/picky eaters not getting what they need

tiki244

Flock Mistress
12 Years
Jan 1, 2008
WestCentralWisconsin
I have had problems with my bantams not eating grit. Has anyone else had this problem? I bought a small box of cage bird grit(very fine) and now I am mixing it with a little yogurt and tooping their food with it. I also sprinkle a little powdered vitamins in the yogurt. I just started this a couple of days ago, but I think I am noticing a difference. Anyone else have any ideas or problems like this with their bantams?

Another thing, they dont seem to like the calcium oyster shells I am giving them. What is up with that? I am going to have to figure out what to do about that too. Any ideas?

Thanks

I have a separate feeder for oyster shell. They eat it when their body craves it.
They will pick up grit from the ground unless theyare caged 24/7/ Mine eat the sand out of the sand filter when their bodies tell them to.

It has been proven over and over again that animals will eat what their body tells them they need. So don't worry. That is not to say they will always eat a balanced diet or "every thing that is best" but if they need grit, they'll eat it.

Back
Top Bottom