~~Bantam Poultry Show!~~ Ends 10/15/2020, No prize- just for fun

black_cat

♥♥Lover of Leghorns♥♥
May 21, 2020
Connecticut
Hey everyone! I'm pretty aware of characteristics of most large fowl breeds, but I have never looked too far into bantams. Aside from sebrights, polishes, and silkies, I am not very aware of what's out there. So, contest time! Show off your bantams! Barnyard mixes allowed, but please say the breeds that are mixed, or at least one.
Rules:
Only 1 post per bird.
Only 3 pictures of a bird.
If you are missing any criteria on your post (e.g. name, category, etc.) you will be disqualified. Edits are allowed.

Criteria:
On your post you must have:
Bird's name
Category
Breed (including color: (e.g. blue australorp instead of australorp, silver duckwing OEGB instead of OEGB
What you like about the breed
Picture (s)

The categories are:
A-Out of the brooder (anytime between a chook being out of a brooder and 6 months old)
B-6 month plus (from after they've layed their first egg to once they'd stop laying/be a senior chicken)
C-Senior

Example entry:

Name: Tillie
Category: B
White Silkie
I like silkies because they are fluffy.
(picture 1)
(picture two)

Good luck!

I'm doing this contest mostly to see what breeds and characteristics are out there, and also to see cute chicken pictures! I don't really care about SOP or anything like that.

Name: Rhubarb
Category: B
Breed: Partridge Cochin
I love cochins because of how friendly they are, and of course how FLUFFY they are! If I could only keep one bantam breed, I would keep cochins.
IMG_0298.jpeg

IMG_0295.jpeg

Name: Mango
Category: A
Cochin bantam (not sure what her exact coloring is, but I think either mottled or splashed)
I love cochin bantams because of how cute and fluffy they are, and how many different color varieties they come in!
(This pic was taken about 2 weeks ago. Mango is 9 weeks old now, so she looks a bit different. I'll try to get an updated pic today or tomorrow.)
Mango portrait.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom