Bantam Rhode Island Reds any good?

L S, I think you just wanted to show off your beautiful birdies!!!
big_smile.png
wink.png

Quote:
He got in a fight through the fence with Sunshine, my big EE rooster. I think it was his first fight ever! He got bored and left after he managed to bloody his comb up.
roll.png
Sunshine was sure fit to be tied about it. He wanted out to really show the new guy who was boss!
tongue.png

Quote:
It is a local show and they will be shown as Jr. birds. My son is going to show them, and some other chickens too. I am going to put the pigeons under my name.
wink.png

Last edited:
They aren't bad at all. The missing point is a minor problem [1 point cut] - his comb is a bit big & course but again not bad. Females have well defined combs which is good. If you breed them be especially careful about keeping females with bad combs-very hard to breed out. As to the female's lopped comb-again a very minor consideration.
Females type looks very good-if the male spread his tail more he'd look longer but again not bad.
This is my favorite breed-I've bred them for over 20 years & hatched about 250 this year. Your birds are plenty good enough to start with. Good luck with them.

Last edited:
They are doing fine, not laying and just haning out.
No new pictures latly. They do get to come out every day, but I have not taken any pictures of them recently.

Back
Top Bottom