Bantam rooster breed?

mochicken

Songster
8 Years
Apr 27, 2011
NW Missouri
I got this lil guy with a "barnyard mix" of bantams, he is the only one in this color, is he just an easter egger mutt or is he a different breed that im not familiar with?

img8747i.jpg

img9479q.jpg

hmm not sure honestly, I think that the white one next to him in the one pic is an EE so I just figured he was as well, I never even noticed he has a different comb

Neither of them look like EE's to me, maybe possibly d'Uccles, only b/c of the cheek puffs, but since they don't have feathered feet, I doubt it, at least not one gen back, maybe a grandparent or further back. I think d'Anvers is more likely with the muffs, rose comb (on the hen), and lack of feathered legs/feet. His coloring is definitely not mille fleur, though.

Quote:
Why would you say its not mille fleur? I have a mille fleur and I know what they look like.... I think its a d'Uccle mille fleur

Last edited:
The roo in the OP is red with random black splotches. Mille Fleur is red with nice even white tipped feathers with a black line between the red and white. If your d'Uccle looks just like his, then it isn't mille fleur colored either. mille fleur is a color, not a breed.
wink.png
You can have a d'Uccle that isn't mille fleur. They come in lots of colors.
smile.png
Not all are breed standard colors, though.

Back
Top Bottom