Bantam rooster breed?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by mochicken, Oct 10, 2011.

1. mochicken

mochicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
    I got this lil guy with a "barnyard mix" of bantams, he is the only one in this color, is he just an easter egger mutt or is he a different breed that im not familiar with?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Americana

Americana Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2010
    Dunnellon, Florida
    I didn't think EE's had single combs, but I could be wrong.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2011
  3. mochicken

mochicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
    hmm not sure honestly, I think that the white one next to him in the one pic is an EE so I just figured he was as well, I never even noticed he has a different comb

4. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    he could be one of the few ee's that have a straight comb (straight combs are not common on ee's)

5. WhiteCochinLover

WhiteCochinLover Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2011
    Maryland
    looks like a mille fleur.

6. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

Quote:x2

7. mama24

mama24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    GSO, NC
    Neither of them look like EE's to me, maybe possibly d'Uccles, only b/c of the cheek puffs, but since they don't have feathered feet, I doubt it, at least not one gen back, maybe a grandparent or further back. I think d'Anvers is more likely with the muffs, rose comb (on the hen), and lack of feathered legs/feet. His coloring is definitely not mille fleur, though.

8. WhiteCochinLover

WhiteCochinLover Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2011
    Maryland
    Quote:Why would you say its not mille fleur? I have a mille fleur and I know what they look like.... I think its a d'Uccle mille fleur

Last edited: Oct 10, 2011
  9. mama24

mama24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    GSO, NC
    The roo in the OP is red with random black splotches. Mille Fleur is red with nice even white tipped feathers with a black line between the red and white. If your d'Uccle looks just like his, then it isn't mille fleur colored either. mille fleur is a color, not a breed. [​IMG] You can have a d'Uccle that isn't mille fleur. They come in lots of colors. [​IMG] Not all are breed standard colors, though.

10. jason180sx

jason180sx Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2011
    ireland
    he loosk like a bit of a japanese bantam

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by