Bantam rooster breed?

I think we all agree they're mixed breeds.
smile.png

they are not d'uccles nor milli. d'uccles have feathers on their legs and feet this one does not nor does it have a beard that the d'uccle has.

this is a milli d'uccle

103640_mille_fluer_duccle_roo.jpg

this is an idk breed lol that is milli

103640_watermaalschemfp.jpg

Easter Eggers can have single combs. Easter Eggers are birds without any real breeding trait requirements, they just posses the dominate blue egg laying gene. Which, doesn't even mean that they will lay blue, or green eggs. However, not every poorly breed, or mixed breed fowl is an Easter Egger. Your cockerel shows no signs of Easter Egger blood. He is also not a Japanese bantam which would posses short legs, a sharper tail angle, and would be beardless.

Your rooster looks like a cute barnyard mutt. If he is a supposed pureblood chicken (hatchery pureblood doesn't actually mean the bird hasn't been crossed), then he is a very poor representation of his breed, whatever that may be.

Last edited:
He's not a Mille Fleur d'Uccle....I've raised and shown the breed for 30 yrs. d'Uccles have blue legs...and feathered legs...and feathered vulture hocks....and have a lot better color than that....he may be crossed with a d'Uccle....but he's far from pure.

I guess we can chalk it up to hes a "Idunnoprollyachicken" lol, hes a mutt but hes a cute one lol, he talks ALL the time, he has yet to crow but it doesnt stop him from telling me about it every time I go near there because he is waiting on treats lol

Back
Top Bottom