Bantam thread(including polish and silkies)

Pics
you can post as many entries as you like though only your best bird will win 1st 2nd 3rd. Basically you cant have more than one bird of yours win a title

There is never a for sure chance that you will get chickens that like affection. Most of them do not because they are prey animals-while they understand humans feed them, they still have to be wary because that is their instinct. After all, humans are huge compared to them and we make quick and scary movements, plus we are rather loud. I have noticed bantams can either be afraid of you or love you, there seems to be not much of an in-between . . . I have heard that bantams tend to be more flighty than large fowl around humans because they are smaller and therefore humans appear bigger and more of a threat to them. Chicks are usually super sweet and dependent when they are young and grow out of it quickly. However, you will find some that simply just love humans, such as my Rhode Island Red Bantam, Ruby. She loves humans more than her own flock, and she even has her own harness, leash and diaper that I put on her to take her places. Overall, you are not doing anything wrong with your chickens and they just don't have the personality you were looking for, which can be disappointing. I hope you can find friendly bantams!
Agree with this! I have RIR bantam that defiantly loves people more than the other chickens. I have some rosecombs in a group I didn't so much hands on with and they love me alot. I've so far found that rosecombs seam to be this way. I think the RIR seam to come this way as well. My Sebrights not so much. They love being near me but no holding or picking up. They are very very smart out of all the ones I have. They come get me to open doors and gates for them if they can't get where they want to be.

P.S. Old English Game Bantams seam to be this way too. I have not had one that didn't like to ride my shoulder or be in my hands at any point. I have some cochins that are like that well.

Bummer no frizzles here. I just don't like them. I'm getting silkie eggs soon and that's about as far as I go with weird feather types. I don't even really like the silkie feathers either but friends daughter wanted either silkies or Modern Game Bantams. Moderns are hard to find in a good price range for me.

Bummer no frizzles here. I just don't like them. I'm getting silkie eggs soon and that's about as far as I go with weird feather types. I don't even really like the silkie feathers either but friends daughter wanted either silkies or Modern Game Bantams. Moderns are hard to find in a good price range for me.
Silkies are brilliant. Their feathers feel like fur. Too bad about the modern game bantams because ten minutes away from me they are selling modern game bantam pullets at £20 ($27), cockerels at £15, hatching eggs £1 for 6, show quality cocks and hens adults for £80, regular quality cocks and hens adults for £30, hatchery quality cocks and hens adults for £20

Silkies are brilliant. Their feathers feel like fur. Too bad about the modern game bantams because ten minutes away from me they are selling modern game bantam pullets at £20 ($27), cockerels at £15, hatching eggs £1 for 6, show quality cocks and hens adults for £80, regular quality cocks and hens adults for £30, hatchery quality cocks and hens adults for £20
That's awesome! Wish I could make a find like that here.

That's awesome! Wish I could make a find like that here.
They are still selling them. I don’t presently have a space for them. I originally discovered them when looking for my first chickens but passed on them due to their active and animal aggressive personality

They are still selling them. I don’t presently have a space for them. I originally discovered them when looking for my first chickens but passed on them due to their active and animal aggressive personality
Weird the ones here arnt aggressive. Unlike our American Games. We may not be talking about the same thing.

I'm talking about these little guys.
1000005588.jpg

Back
Top Bottom