Bantam thread!

Pics
Congrats on the beautiful hens! I was planning to get 2 MF d'Uccle chicks but my husband says only autosexed chicks so we don't have to rehome a cockerel. So we are picking up 2 55 flowery - a silver and gold- on Tuesday. I had one that died last month at only 2 months old..I think she had Marek's. Died the day the St. John's wort came in the mail. Anyways have fun with Omelette and Scrambles!

I have 3 silkies and 1 polish.
1 is a blue silkie and 2 are white paints.
The polish is a definite cockrel and is tormenting my lil silkies pitifully!

This is Milli (yep I named the two white paints after Milli n Vanilli duo from what 90s that lip sang at awards!) She has never wanted anything to do with anyone LOL.
20210707_182133.jpg

This is the sweet paint bearded silkie (Vanilli) the polish has really given a hard time..and she has lost some weight. I thought she was sick (IB or respiratory illness) but she seems to be doing fine now except for trying to escape polish attacks.
20210719_145800.jpg

And this is Mango. I've always thought Mango might be a cockrel because since 4 weeks old he and polish would stare each other down and then bump chests! Now Mango just runs away from polish like the other silkies do.
Screenshot_20210706-140226_Video Player~2.jpg

And then there was Polish...yeah I named him Polish - only thing that kept coming to mind!
20210722_082949.jpg

I was always very partial to Polish...I guess cause he was the only different one in my lil flock of 4...and he was just too cute following me around n what not. BUT NOT ANY MORE! HE IS A RAGING HOROMONAL IRRITATING lil SNOT!
So my favorite is definitely silkies...but I would love a cochin and d'Uccle!!

Congrats on the beautiful hens! I was planning to get 2 MF d'Uccle chicks but my husband says only autosexed chicks so we don't have to rehome a cockerel. So we are picking up 2 55 flowery - a silver and gold- on Tuesday. I had one that died last month at only 2 months old..I think she had Marek's. Died the day the St. John's wort came in the mail. Anyways have fun with Omelette and Scrambles!

Thank you!
I had the same thing with not wanting cockerel. I already have 2 roosters, and I can't have any more. So, I actually got these girls from a member here on BYC. She raised them until we were sure that they were girls.

(I'm sorry about your hen. :hugs)

Back
Top Bottom