the silkie too much fluff-
the polish too polish-y
Oh man, I've had enough!

The wonderful loving serama-
which every chick lover loves,
oh, yes hail Serama!
You'll always reign above.
Nice work! Thats a great poem!

I love bantams! I had a Cochin bantam, and even though it was sexed as female it was a cockerel, and quite aggressive. This was Becca (or Beckham, I guess) View attachment 2741566
Then these are my current silkies.... I love silkies! I have a splash(?) white one (Mochi), a partridge one (nutmeg) a black (eclipse) and a blue. (Pebbles)
The three later ones are 6 weeks, while the white/splash one is a year and a half old. I don’t know the genders of the younger ones yet.
SO CUTE! I always liked Silkies, but never loved them until I owned them. They're just so funny looking and adorable. Everything they do is cute. The fluff just makes there every move 10x cuter!

That's a different list:lol: does anyone have experience with those breeds?
I only own a few young bantams, so haven't owned them long enough to say I have "experience". Nugget is a young Japanese bantam though. She's really sweet with other birds and will people. She wont run up to you or anything, but if you catch her she doesn't squirm like the rest.
If I had enough time to spend with them constantly, she'd be an easy bird to socialize. She'd be a good lap chicken. :lol:

Would like Duccle's and Dutch booted bantams, but also some eggshell variety. They al lay white. I like the collor of a cochin egg.
I think EE's or Ameraucana's would be fun for colored eggs. I tried incubating some, but the egg quality was no good and I got a bad hatch. I think shipping played some role as well, but the farm was only 4 hours from me, so it wasn't a long shipment or anything.

I think EE's or Ameraucana's would be fun for colored eggs. I tried incubating some, but the egg quality was no good and I got a bad hatch. I think shipping played some role as well, but the farm was only 4 hours from me, so it wasn't a long shipment or anything.

If you want some colored eggs you could try Easter Egger bantams.
I wish I could, but their aren't any in my area who are vaccinated. So I think I will try to get some different collors white/cream/brown. My dutch lay perfect tiny white eggs.

I wish I could, but their aren't any in my area who are vaccinated. So I think I will try to get some different collors white/cream/brown. My dutch lay perfect tiny white eggs.
If you buy hatching eggs, you can always vaccinate yourself. Its a process, expensive, and the vaccine expires in a few hours I believe, but it still may be a worth it for the breed. 🤷‍♀️
You could always have hatchery's ship as well, but thats pretty risky for the chicks. I prefer not to.

If you buy hatching eggs, you can always vaccinate yourself. Its a process, expensive, and the vaccine expires in a few hours I believe, but it still may be a worth it for the breed. 🤷‍♀️
You could always have hatchery's ship as well, but thats pretty risky for the chicks. I prefer not to.
I am in the Netherlands. I cant buy the vaccine over here for les than 10000 doses, so that's way to expensive.
Here their is no shipping of live animals. We have a few hatcheries who sell vaccinated bantams, but they have no more than 2 or 3 breeds.

Back
Top Bottom