Bantam X Large fowl

My male is half bantam half standard. At 5 years old, he has bantam sized legs and wings but standard sized body (He physically cannot fly more than a foot or two tops) his son with a small large fowl (4 pounds) is about the size of that hen. His daughter is barely larger than a bantam.

I crossed my bantam game hen with neighbour's lf necked neck mix rooster. But I got a cockerel which is not even the half size of that rooster, looks like game bantam rooster. The only thing he got from his father is feather colour he looks exactly the same .
His offspring will be smaller or bigger than bantam size if he crossed with a bantam hen
Any advice or information will greatly help
Do you have pictures of the cockerel and his parents?

My male is half bantam half standard. At 5 years old, he has bantam sized legs and wings but standard sized body (He physically cannot fly more than a foot or two tops) his son with a small large fowl (4 pounds) is about the size of that hen. His daughter is barely larger than a bantam.
If his future daughter will be bigger than his bantam mother even with a few inches and few grams I will be happy 😊😄

Because I dont want a pullet even smaller than what I have now 😂😁

Correction, my male's son is actually from a Japanese bantam, not the large fowl

This is his mother and his dad is no more
When my hen was raising that cockerel They sold all their chickens with coop

Attachments

• 20200930_152248.jpg
    20200930_152248.jpg
    667.4 KB · Views: 2
Correction, my male's son is actually from a Japanese bantam, not the large fowl
Thats why his offspring is smaller than large fowl mother
So my bantam hen ( around 2lbs ) and lf rooster ( 7-8 lbs ) offspring wont be smaller than mother

What do you think ??
And Thanks for replies

If his future daughter will be bigger than his bantam mother even with a few inches and few grams I will be happy 😊😄

Because I dont want a pullet even smaller than what I have now 😂😁

If the current half-bantam rooster is bigger than the bantams, his chicks might also be bigger than the bantams.

He will pass half of his genes to each chick. If he passes on the not-bantam half, some of his chicks could grow to be as large as he is. If he passes on just the bantam-half of his genes, then his chicks will be bantam size. Most likely, he will pass on some big genes and some little ones, so most of his chicks will be smaller than he is but still a little larger than a pure bantam.

If you want bigger chickens, it could help if you buy a few bigger ones. Maybe pick a time when the bantam is sitting on eggs, and buy baby chicks to have her raise. Or buy one bigger rooster to cross to your hens.

But if you are not able to buy any bigger chickens, you should certainly be able to increase size a bit by crossing this rooster to your hens, and then choose the largest few of his daughters to cross back to him. If you have any of his sisters, definitely cross those to him--you might get some large-fowl sized birds from that.

Thats why his offspring is smaller than large fowl mother
So my bantam hen ( around 2lbs ) and lf rooster ( 7-8 lbs ) offspring wont be smaller than mother

What do you think ??
And Thanks for replies
No, actually even his mother is a Japanese bantam, the son is the same size as the small large fowl hen.

The daughter out of the small large fowl hen is smaller than her (about the size of a a large bantam)

If you have any of his sisters, definitely cross those to him-
He had 9 siblings but all died when they were 4-5weeks old ( fowl pox)

Thanks for your replies
It helped me a lot

I will try crossing bigger pullets with him

Again thank you all

Back
Top Bottom