Bantams

Iluveggers

Crossing the Road
Jun 27, 2021
NYS
Hi! There are sooo many cute bantam breeds, but I have never owned one. As I research for my 2021 order, I am trying to decide if I would like a few bantams!

For those of you who have owned them, if you could tell me a bit about them, I’d appreciate it! Specifically:

Pros/cons

Egg production & size

Cold Hardiness (in general since they are smaller, if you have suggestions on good cold-w

Coop/Run (can they live in the same coop as the big girls?)

Straight run vs Pullets (can anyone find them as pullets & how?)

Thank you so much!

Hi! There are sooo many cute bantam breeds, but I have never owned one. As I research for my 2021 order, I am trying to decide if I would like a few bantams!

For those of you who have owned them, if you could tell me a bit about them, I’d appreciate it! Specifically:

Pros/cons

Egg production & size

Cold Hardiness (in general since they are smaller, if you have suggestions on good cold-w

Coop/Run (can they live in the same coop as the big girls?)

Straight run vs Pullets (can anyone find them as pullets & how?)

Thank you so much!
I have bantam turkens. A pro is mine seem to have less problems than the others. They can live with all the other birds. Mine had they're first winter last year. It got down to -40 and they all did just fine. They lay more eggs than all the other chickens I have. Some weeks I get 6 eggs from each of them.

Back
Top Bottom