1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Banty eggs ...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by TwoChicks, Sep 22, 2010.

1. TwoChicks

TwoChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2010
    Greer, SC
    So what does everyone do with itty-bitty bantam eggs? Make itty-bitty omlets?

They would be SO cool as hors'd oeuvre hard boiled bite-sized eggs. Lol.

2. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    My bantam eggs aren't really that much smaller...they still work well for cooking. The one exception are my bantam OEGB girls...their eggs are about the size of a quail egg! I crack those and let the chickens eat them.

3. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Scrambled, over easy etc. They taste great just have to use more of them. If you serve hors'doeuvres then yep they would be cool LOL

4. mychickensrock

mychickensrock Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    We have 5 banty girls. I usually hard boil their eggs for salads or to pack in lunches. I actually have a customer who pays me $8 to make little deviled eggs. That's for a dozen eggs = to 24 little deviled eggs. Very time consuming, but definitely a party hit! [​IMG]

5. tuesdays chicks

tuesdays chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    stuart florida
    I have 1 bo and it seems 3 bantam, I need another large egg layer just so I don't use all the tiny eggs for breakfast

6. AtholCoop

AtholCoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2008
    North Idaho
    Pickled. For two reasons. First they're ready to eat sooner, and second they're the perfect size for a quick snack.

7. Zoomom

Zoomom Certified Cackleberry Consumer

Jan 22, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    I just use them for eating as I would with any larger egg. Scrambled, fried, omlet, hard boiled...
    The only thing I am unsure of is for baking, where it specifies a large egg...I would probably put 2 banty eggs in it's place.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by