BAR-ALE chicken feed.

lindseythefork

Songster
11 Years
Aug 31, 2008
Humboldt County, CA
This probably just applies to California people, since by the look of the website it's only distributed throughout the state. Nevertheless, anyone use it? I just picked up a bag at the feed store and am patiently waiting for my chickens to finish off their current bag so I can give them some of this. It's organic (which is always a plus) but the thing I'm looking forward to is that it has marigold extract in it.. the website says it's "a natural anti-oxidant and source of rich yellow skin and yolk color for the meat bird and layer."

Which one are you looking at? Also, I dont see that its organic
sad.png

Hey all you have been on this feed what do you think? I just ordered 2 bags of crumble for my adolescent chickens...

PS I wanted to switch from Purina start n grow cause I want the higher protein content for my Jersey Giants... (almost 8 and 12 week olds now)...

Last edited:
Hey update! love this feed! Ran out of the crumbles, did 2 bags of Purina Flockraiser and now am starting back on the Bar ale all purpose 20% protein poultry pellets-- my young Jersey Giants (now 6 and 7 months old) having been laying well at 4 eggs daily (not bad I hear for the Giants)- I have 10 hens.... I have a backup bag of Gamebird 22% protein crumbles (my feedstore doesnt have the crumbles, Bar ale brand, in the higher protein formulas)-- my birds have a big yard (30x30 feet) with a hole in the back fence they can sneak out through the blackberry bushes to a stream in our 1 acre back pasture (well my Roo is too big to squeeze through he stands and crows at his hens running loose)= so they do get a fair amount of foraging in as well as scraps....Their yolks are nice and orange though- we've never had fresh eggs before and they sure are different (in a good way)-- they started their first eggs in the middle of December, no extra light or heat, its been snowing off and on! I am pleasantly surprized!

I was giving my girls the Bar Ale Non-GMO crumbles and they ate it very well. We have moved an hour away so tried another brand but plan to return to this 17% feed. It is $22 with tax.

Back
Top Bottom