Barnevelder breeders lets work together and improve the breed

Here is a pic of one of my project silver double laced pullets from 2013 breeding, She is about 12 weeks. I have bred back to my large fowl Barnevelders for several years to improve type.

Here you can see some of the red leakage in the primaries
Beautiful Andy!

My first Braine is 5 weeks old now it appers to have plenty of lacing does this mean it is a pullet? It has a very cockeraly shape
Sorry, looks like a cockerel.

Hello,
My daughter is a 4-H'er & is wanting to expand her colored egg breeds from Black Copper Marans & BW/W Ameraucanas to Barnevelders. I understand that it is difficult to hatch "show quality" birds as, no matter the parents, the variations in this breed are still extensive. Would anyone have any APA show quality parents they would be willing to sell eggs from? This is the black & red double laced Barnevelder with no blue introduced into the line.

Would you be willing to mail hatching eggs in the next 3 weeks? Could you send parent pics and how much you charge through a private PM?

Thank you & feel free to spread the word!

Here is a pic of one of my project silver double laced pullets from 2013 breeding, She is about 12 weeks. I have bred back to my large fowl Barnevelders for several years to improve type.

Here you can see some of the red leakage in the primaries
Very nice Andy!!

This is much more white than I ever would have anticipated given the continual back breeding to Barnies. I'm hoping that if we stick to it we will eventually flush the red out!

-Al

Back
Top Bottom