Barnevelder breeders lets work together and improve the breed

Especially for Trisha-
We just got back from our first show and had a little surprise from our Barnevelder pullet, hatched from your shipping eggs (all the way from CA to SC!!!)...

My DS showed Lily in the Junior Show and the judges loved her...loved her so much they gave her this...

I think she was supposed to be in the Continental Class, but oh well, she beat them too! Thank you!
Yes, it is supposed to be Continental Class. Barnevelder is spelled wrong too.

Congrats on the win!

Especially for Trisha- We just got back from our first show and had a little surprise from our Barnevelder pullet, hatched from your shipping eggs (all the way from CA to SC!!!)... My DS showed Lily in the Junior Show and the judges loved her...loved her so much they gave her this... I think she was supposed to be in the Continental Class, but oh well, she beat them too! Thank you!
The picture of your on holding his trophy made my day:) Trisha

Especially for Trisha-
We just got back from our first show and had a little surprise from our Barnevelder pullet, hatched from your shipping eggs (all the way from CA to SC!!!)...

My DS showed Lily in the Junior Show and the judges loved her...loved her so much they gave her this...

I think she was supposed to be in the Continental Class, but oh well, she beat them too! Thank you!
Congrats!!! Congrats to Trisha too. Beautiful pullet

Here is a pic I took this evening of one of my favorite Barnevelder cockerels. I would say he is a bit too dark although in this pic he appears even darker because the shadows. One of the other cockerels I am keeping is redder so I hopefully will keep the balance in color.

My " old" hens are finishing up moulting. They look nice in their new feathers..just in time for the first freezing temps. This is one of my blue hens from last year's hatches. She was such a good layer, so I am keeping her to breed again next year.

Here is a pic I took this evening of one of my favorite Barnevelder cockerels. I would say he is a bit too dark although in this pic he appears even darker because the shadows. One of the other cockerels I am keeping is redder so I hopefully will keep the balance in color.

My " old" hens are finishing up moulting. They look nice in their new feathers..just in time for the first freezing temps. This is one of my blue hens from last year's hatches. She was such a good layer, so I am keeping her to breed again next year.

You have beautiful birds, and I don't think that cockerel is too dark. He has a super balance, I love to see beautiful birds on this site. Thank you all for posting,

BB

This pullet took reserve Continental in Alberta, Canada last weekend. Couple cockerels on the photo also, but picture is too dark to see color well. At least you see the type somewhat.

Back
Top Bottom