Barnevelder breeders lets work together and improve the breed

Makes sense, maybe that is why I like them, each is so different, but so alike!

This is a splash blue cream light brown Dutch Bantam I raised (yes, he is on the kitchen counter), love this guy and so sad I cannot show him. I used him over cream light brown hens to make all blue cream light brown and got some nice ones for show. That is a good cross for a non pattern bird, but on the Barnevelder its a much more frustrating game. Piet

Quote:
Wow, look at his comb! He looks like he is well taken care of. See there is just something so pretty about a splash.

PS Love your counter tops
wink.png
!

Makes sense, maybe that is why I like them, each is so different, but so alike!
This is a splash blue cream light brown Dutch Bantam I raised (yes, he is on the kitchen counter), love this guy and so sad I cannot show him. I used him over cream light brown hens to make all blue cream light brown and got some nice ones for show. That is a good cross for a non pattern bird, but on the Barnevelder its a much more frustrating game. Piet
Very pretty splash:) my daughter is very upset that I didn't keep any splashes this year ( she claims the " white" ones as her own". My husband would probably divorce me if I let a chicken in the kitchen on granite counter tops, LOL. You must have a very understanding wife:) Trisha

My husband would probably shoot me.
lol.png
My son also claims the splashes. He has a splash Olive egger to keep him happy right now.
My dog lets the chickens in sometimes when I am not home. I had one in the sink. There was a plumber over fixing a pipe outside and we looked up to see my buff orpington sitting in the window. He asked if I let my chickens in, I told him my dog does. I don't think he believed me.

Back
Top Bottom