Barnevelder breeders lets work together and improve the breed

He is just so stinking cute!!!!
He is so funny. He is a great pet. He goes with me everywhere. He has had his picture taken more times that a super model. He thinks he is a super model.
0.jpg

Deanna,

I'm no expert (I do have Barnies and hatched some myself last year though) but if I were to take a guess based on those pictures I would say both female. My males were much slower to feather out than the females and didn't feather out evenly...the tails were so slow to grow! That being said...I can't see the tail on #2 so if it's a lot shorter than the tail on #1 I change my guess to male for #2. Hope that helps!

DD

Quote: 12 weeks? Wow, okay that really throws me. Did you hatch them? Who did you get them from? If they are that old then #1 is for sure a pullet. Still confused on #2
lau.gif
but would lean more towards pullet.
Sorry I could not help you more. Can wait to see them grow up
big_smile.png

Last edited:
12 weeks? Wow, okay that really throws me. Did you hatch them? Who did you get them from? If they are that old then #1 is for sure a pullet. Still confused on #2
lau.gif
but would lean more towards pullet.
They are from Greenfire. I got mixed chicks. They were healthy and great for 2 months. But I do have one Marans that still looks 2 weeks. Then some started growing really fast. A few slowed. I seperated them in case the larger weren't letting the others eat. I hope that helps.

Deanna,

I'm no expert (I do have Barnies and hatched some myself last year though) but if I were to take a guess based on those pictures I would say both female. My males were much slower to feather out than the females and didn't feather out evenly...the tails were so slow to grow! That being said...I can't see the tail on #2 so if it's a lot shorter than the tail on #1 I change my guess to male for #2. Hope that helps!

DD
I would be happy with one male and one female. Or 2 females. Just as long as they both aren't boys.

Back
Top Bottom