Barnevelder breeders lets work together and improve the breed

Anyone have any eggs available to ship? Will be setting some Orps for my daughter next week and I REALLY want some Barnies.Looking to get 6-8. Please PM me if you have any.
Thanks in advance.
Beth

Anyone ever had a rooster with a crooked tail? Its turning into a nice tail but it angles off to the side instead of straight back. He is the only Barnie that I have. Tried hatching this spring and he was it. Is it hereditary of just a fluke?

That is called a wry tail and it could be from an injury or hereditary. I had a hen like that a couple years ago and just kept her for laying, she turned into a good broody as well. I didn't breed here for fear the tail would be passed on.

Anyone ever had a rooster with a crooked tail? Its turning into a nice tail but it angles off to the side instead of straight back. He is the only Barnie that I have. Tried hatching this spring and he was it. Is it hereditary of just a fluke?
Yeah, I had a hatchery langshan roo once that had a crooked tail and it got worse as he grew. Turns out he had scoliosis. I hope that is not up with your boy

Last edited:
Ivermectin can be found on Amazon too.

Ivermectin and DOGS: All Collie type dogs with any Collie bloodlines at all no matter how far back can have an adverse reaction to Ivermectin. I would talk to your vet about your dog and the safety of the eggs from treated birds.

My two cents
old.gif

Just wanted to share some pictures of my flock this year. This is all new stock for me. some of them are pure vB lines from Christina Ledford, others are pure Johan lines, third generation, from another breeder. I'm really happy with how they are growing out. The vB lines are darker and have much better leg color. I think it shows how selective breeding (or not selective) can make a difference in a flock in just a few generations. The vB lines are darker and have much better leg color.

Back
Top Bottom