Barnevelder Love!

It could be. I know the coloring seems to support that, but at this age I would think there would be something that would scream cockerel and I am just not seeing it yet. I will be sure to update with photos when I know for sure, I am keeping it regardless of boy or gi

Sorry, but my predictions are two boys here as well. Hope I'm wrong!

Barneys are SO slow growing, it may be ages until you know for sure
What
Sorry, but my predictions are two boys here as well. Hope I'm wrong!

Barneys are SO slow growing, it may be ages until you know for sure
What are the tells you're seeing?

Combs.
I spent a LOT of time last year staring at my Barney's combs hoping and wishing they weren't boyish...😂
I don't know why my replies are coming out weird by the way lol.
So you think they look like male combs? That would be my luck. I'll post updates if I am not too distraught. I have been obsessed with these two birds.... thanks and I hope you are wrong, too! lol

I'm getting so excited about the color development on the this Blue Laced... This is Maghita at 5weeks and 12weeks. Her feathers have a look of purple and teal in the sun. Can't wait til she's an adult
IMG_4768.JPG
:love
IMG_E5014.JPG

At 8+ weeks old it looks like they are pullets! They are feathering very differently so far and I am loving both of them! I want more barnies :love

(Also just want to add: their enclosure is in the process of being beefed up for security. Their coop is predator proof.)

Attachments

• BV 1.jpg
    BV 1.jpg
    756.5 KB · Views: 6
  • BV 2.jpg
    BV 2.jpg
    804.1 KB · Views: 7
  • BV 5.jpg
    BV 5.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
  • BV 6.jpg
    BV 6.jpg
    939.8 KB · Views: 9
Here's my Jolene. She's about 2.5 years now. She's a very good girl and never causes any problems. Good with chicks and pullets and holds her own just fine int he pecking order. She has never fully gone broody but she likes to pretend for an hour or so and then gets bored with it and hops out to do something more fun. She's really pretty and a relatively good layer. The picture of her standing on the ramp was the day she laid her first egg and that's her egg. They have darkened up some and the speckles are more like big blotchy spots but still so pretty!

Jolene.jpg

Back
Top Bottom