Barnvelder hen in DFW (hatched Aug 2018)

carikermoon

Songster
Jun 11, 2014
Bedford TX
Sadly, our diminished flock is down to one lonely survivor—Coco the Barnevelder. I cannot in good conscience bring home more chicks until we build a predator/heat-proof coop.

Coco is sweet and curious and is looking forward to having feathered friends again.

Please let me know if you could give her a safe home.

Here is a link to the video (hopefully it works this way):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11YWiEVFW-fv-bNexGoOtiT3YVBluG5ku/view?usp=sharing

There is a story behind this. In our very first group of chicks, we had an extremely bossy golden-colored silkie hen named King--she is on the left of my profile pic--who was so named because we thought she was going to be a rooster since she was such a bossy, talkative, and relatively big, chick. Needless to say, a teeny, tiny, quiet, black silky chick named Princess ended up being the rooster. So we had a rooster named Princess and a hen named King. <sigh> Anyway all those years ago a Hindu friend, sandaled feet bejeweled with lovely rings and bracelets, brought her son over to see our silky chicks... and King went crazy over her bling! My friend yelped and skipped all around the backyard with King excitedly following her around to the children's amusement!

So this Spring when Coco discovered my painted toenails, I sent this video to my friend!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11YWiEVFW-fv-bNexGoOtiT3YVBluG5ku/view?usp=sharing

There is a story behind this. In our very first group of chicks, we had an extremely bossy golden-colored silkie hen named King--she is on the left of my profile pic--who was so named because we thought she was going to be a rooster since she was such a bossy, talkative, and relatively big, chick. Needless to say, a teeny, tiny, quiet, black silky chick named Princess ended up being the rooster. So we had a rooster named Princess and a hen named King. <sigh> Anyway all those years ago a Hindu friend, sandaled feet bejeweled with lovely rings and bracelets, brought her son over to see our silky chicks... and King went crazy over her bling! My friend yelped and skipped all around the backyard with King excitedly following her around to the children's amusement!

So this Spring when Coco discovered my painted toenails, I sent this video to my friend!

Many married Hindu women wear toe rings, it's called bichhiya and the 'braclets' were perhaps 'Paayal' otherwise known as anklets.

That is so funny. :lau She thinks they are berries or something. :lau

You are about six hours from us. We will be down in the Dallas area in December. If you still have her we would be willing to take her.

We have all chicks under 4 weeks old right now.

We have an 8 x 10 coop with a 12 x 20 run. There is a small coop in the run with a dust bath (tire with sand) in it. Keeps it dry and shaded.

Here’s a picture:
7B4364F8-396D-4E22-8409-1AC73A32E3A7.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom